Chit Chat

Amazon cart fillers

blabla89blabla89 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited March 2015 in Chit Chat
I'm ordering table cloths from amazon (only 2 of them - the rest are being rented from our caterer) and still need to get up to $35 for the free shipping. But my brain is mushy and I can't, for the life of me, think of what other little wedding things I may need to order.

So...throw some ideas at me. What are some little things I need that I can get on Amazon?

ETA: Or travel things. I think I have most of the necessities, but I'm sure there's something I haven't thought of that we need.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Amazon cart fillers

• You might have plenty of wedding stuff or not be able to find any more wedding stuff on amazon. Whenever I need free shipping, I always go for a book that I have been dying to read, or a cookbook, that I wanted to add to my collection.
  • Tags for favors? Bobby pins? Blister bandaids? Insoles? Anti-chafing gel? Anti-redness eyedrops?

• A card box, a guest book, cake cutting utensils, a cake topper, boxes/bags/wrapping paper for BM/GM gifts, luggage tags for HM....

Non-wedding stuff: cocktail shaker, a cutting board, a new phone case, a car charger, a new toiletry travel case, a book...
    *********************************************************************************

• If you can't think of wedding stuff, I'd look at just other things in general you could use. A new pair of earbuds, paper goods (paper plates, paper towels, other cleaning supplies) a book, jewelry (maybe wedding jewelry).

I've recently bought kids birthday presents, aquarium stuff, books, a figure, lots of organizational stuff.

Anniversary
  • Chocolate covered potato chips. Trust me, you need them. Also, we bought a 6.6 pound can of Luxardo cherries for the wedding. They are the most expensive cherries I've ever encountered but they are amazing for cocktails. 
  • Travel things - are you traveling inside the country? If not maybe converters.
  • tampons and laundry detergent
    • Thank-you cards 
    • Snacks for the WP? (I bought a crate of 100 bags of cookies and another crate 100 bags of mini pretzels on Amazon for the welcome bags and got some extra for the WP to snack on either while they're getting ready or when they get back to their house late that night and have drunk munchies) 
    • Fancy pens for your guest book 
    • cocktail accessories 
    • Extra packs of tissues for during the ceremony
    For the honeymoon:
    • A good book to read on the plane
    • a new pair of sandals
    • some good noise-cancelling headphones
    • a neck pillow
    • travel containers for whatever products
    • voltage converters for those weird European outlets (didn't you say in another thread a while back that you're going to Europe?)
    • extra memory cards for your camera
    • little bottles of aspirin or whatever you might need for hangovers & other travel hurts 
    Or, as PP said, something fun and random for yourself! 
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

Travel things - are you traveling inside the country? If not maybe converters.

Ooooo definitely buy that! We got a whole little kit for our HM in Germany and it was super helpful to have along.

Also, one of those neck pillow things for your flight. We checked our luggage so we didn't use much travel size toiletry stuff, although it did add some weight.

But I also can't imagine NOT finding crap I need on amazon!  There's always something my dogs need - supplements especially, otherwise toys.

I also still buy cds on amazon, so they are autoripped to my amazon library.  Most times I never even open the cd :-P

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• All great suggestions! I may save some of these for a future order :)

Quick question - have any of y'all used a Go Girl? Is it something worth having for travel?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2015
    blabla89 said:

All great suggestions! I may save some of these for a future order :)

Quick question - have any of y'all used a Go Girl? Is it something worth having for travel?

Following. I have never used one but as someone who camps/hikes/does all sorts of outdoors things, I have always thought something like that would be so handy so I don't have to hang my butt over a cold, scratchy tree.

ETA: I may have to get one after reading up on them a bit more.  I have never heard of this particular brand before. The ones I've seen aren't as small and compact, which is pretty necessary when backpacking. I also really like that they sell them in pink and camo/khaki.  Not every girl likes pink.
  • Sounds like you've fulfilled your order but as part of my welcome bags for out of town guests, I'm making a mini emergency kit.  I did the same for my bachelorette on VERY short notice as my MOH, who planned it, was not able to attend due to cancelled flights/snowstorms, etc.  (There's a whole other thread on how it's not really appropriate to make your own favors but I had extenuating circumstances of the 2 hosts not making it to the party they had planned). 

In any case, I got the following on Amazon & most was delivered next day:

Mini-pedicure kits in tiny zipped "flip-flop" cases
    Bulk emory boards
    Bulk ChapSticks
    A box of the individually wrapped Advil (not cost effective but if you're putting them in favor bags it's the way to go)
    10 mini Neutrogena hand creams
    A customized Fleur de lis stamp that said, "Bride and Groom Welcome you to New Orleans!  Laissez les bon temps rouler!" to stamp on the gift bags

I also travel a lot and am a huge fan of the product, "Wireless Wipes", which are a product to wipe down your phone/computer/devices periodically.  I'm not a germophobe but they're great to get smudges off of your screen, etc. 

Finally, you can get Cosabella bra & panties sets on Amazon, which are always a nice treat!

I also recommend Prime.  Happy Shopping!
  • blabla89 said:

All great suggestions! I may save some of these for a future order :)

Following. I have never used one but as someone who camps/hikes/does all sorts of outdoors things, I have always thought something like that would be so handy so I don't have to hang my butt over a cold, scratchy tree.

ETA: I may have to get one after reading up on them a bit more.  I have never heard of this particular brand before. The ones I've seen aren't as small and compact, which is pretty necessary when backpacking. I also really like that they sell them in pink and camo/khaki.  Not every girl likes pink.
    Hmm, this is interesting but seems sort of unnecessary. I do a lot of camping/hiking/traveling in places where you don't want to sit on the "toilet" but I always just hover and drip dry and it works perfectly fine. I would find it annoying to have to worry about pulling out (and then putting away and remembering to wash later) some fiddly little piece of plastic. Just sayin'...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards