Wedding Reception Forum

Napkin Color

Wasn't sure where to put this. Hopefully this is the right board. I just wanted some input. We don't necessarily have a color theme for our wedding. I'm having lilacs (light purple) and coral peonies with some smaller white flowers and greens. Our reception tables are going to be white tablecloths with a burlap runner. I'm going to put a picture of the flowers that will be in the center as they are different from the bridal bouquet and ceremony flowers. Just wondering on opinions for napkin colors. I think I'm leaning towards purple. I'll also attach a photo of kind of what our tables are going to be like. Just wondering if there are any other suggestions or if people like the purple :) Thanks

Re: Napkin Color

• The purple looks nice.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Personally, I think the colored napkin route has been done to death--it's been recommended as a cheap way to add some extra color/decor to your reception for years and years now. I would just stick with a white napkin, it will seem much classier. I like to picture a restaurant that has a similar theme to what you're going with (maybe "rustic elegance"?) and think about what they'd do...I can't imagine they'd have purple napkins. 
  • Thanks, I didn't know colored napkins were a thing. The rental place offered them in all these lovely colors though, so I was just going with what I liked. I thought the purple would bring out those small flowers. I can see white though. My thoughts were more along the line of all the guys in the family would most likely not appreciate using a purple napkin. 

• Nobody is going to "not appreciate" using a napkin in any color. If some man thinks using a colored napkin is a girly thing to do, he's an idiot. It's a napkin. If you want colored napkins, have them. If not, don't, but don't not do it because the men won't like it.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I cannot tell you which weddings I have been to that had colored napkins and which just had white.  If you like the purple then go with the purple.  I really don't see colored napkins as a "thing."  And it is just a napkin that someone will use to wipe their hands and mouths on.  I really doubt some big burly guy will refuse to wipe their mouth because the napkin happens to be purple.

• I literally have no idea what color the napkins have been at any wedding I've ever been to. I don't even recall if they were cloth or disposable. I'd go with whatever is easy and available at your venue. Don't over think things!
    *********************************************************************************

• I like white.  Simple, elegant, and you won't regret it later.  Also, different shades of purple can be hard to match.  So if you're going to be upset if flowers and napkins aren't same shade, that's another reason to pick white.

Nice touch--having a few black ones in the service station.  That way if someone is wearing something that gets white lint easily, a server can bring a dark napkin as needed.
  • Thanks for all the input!

• I love the purple napkins, the photo you posted with them is beautiful.
  • If you can get the exact color purple then go with that. If not, white is always classic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards