June 2015 Weddings
Options

Venue - Check! WR AW

I met with our venue tonight to pay our rental fee & finish our contract!  June 13th, here we come :)

It's a prairie-style mansion.  The original owner's favorite flower was the tulip, so there are tulip motifs everywhere.

Here's a shot from the driveway:

Bird's-eye view.  Originally i was thinking of trying for an outdoor reception, but it sounds like a bit of a hassle.  If we were going to I'd probably want to set up either on that circle drive by the fountain or under that huge tree by the bushes that separate the gardens from the carriage house.  We will be having an outdoor ceremony as long as there's no rain.

Close-up of the fountain:

We'll probably end up having the reception indoors, in this room:

Close-up of the mantle:

I'd considered the sunroom as a possibility for a plan-B ceremony space.  We would all fit but it might be a little snug with 100% attendance.  The main hall is actually wide enough we could use it also.  Worst case scenario we have it in the reception room and people sit at their tables.  NBD.

The formal dining room.  This is likely where we'd have the food set up.  

A side view of the house and that swanky tulip fountain again:

Our preferred photographer confirmed us for our date as well so we'll be sending out that contract as soon as we decide on how many hours we want her for the day-of.  My MOH who lives nearby put me in touch with her hairdresser so I have a hair stylist & make-up artist booked.  Next up is finalizing the plans with the caterer and room block, so hopefully I'll have a few more checks this week.  
Formerly known as flutterbride2b

Re: Venue - Check! WR AW

• Options
    That looks like such a classic space for a romantic wedding. I'm glad you got your preferred photographer too, the pictures are where a majority of your budget should go IMO. 

PS. Your dog is adorable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    WildMageletWildMagelet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited March 2015
    @trickeytricky

I can't wait until my MOH and I can go out there now that it's getting sunnier and we'll get to see the gardens coming in.  I was super happy with getting our photog too, I made a list of everybody in our budget and she was my favorite, as a bonus she was on the lower end pricewise compared to some of the others, too!

P.S.  Thanks :)  She totally knows it too!

Misc update:

Caterer and hotel have been less awesome responsive than the other vendors, so those are both going slow but should be finalized by the end of this week. 
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards