Ohio-Cleveland

Julianne's Bridal

Has anyone used/is anyone using Julianne's bridal for their wedding gown alterations?  I've been told they have great prices, but I wanted to check on the quality.  Anyone know?

Thanks ladies!!!
Tigers love pepper...they hate cinnamon Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Julianne's Bridal

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've used them a couple of times. I purchased my wedding gown there and had their seamstress, Denise, do the alterations. She did wonderful work and the price was awesome -- $65, IIRC. I had the hem/train shortened, bustle adjusted, sides of the top taken in, cups and halter strap added to the top. It was a Maggie Sottero with a plain, but poufy skirt. She also removed some of the tulle for me at my request. Two of my bridesmaids used her for their BM gown alts (gowns purchased at David's) and were very pleased, too.

I also used her for alterations on a BM dress when I was in my brother's wedding. The dress was purchased at Catan. No problem! Julianne's will work on any dress. It was a strapless gown that needed to be shortened and sides/top taken in. I think it cost me around $45?

Highly recommend! If I ever need wedding related alterations again, that's the place I will go.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    She did a Bridesmaid dress for me. She did a great job and only charged me like $20
  • HarvestKarmaHarvestKarma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually taking my wedding gown and my BM dress for another wedding in to Julianne's soon.  I've heard great things so I'm sure I will be pleased!
    image "As she has planted, so does she harvest; such is the field of karma." Sri Guru Granth Sahib
  • livgibbonslivgibbons member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dress is at her shop right now! I got my wedding dress off the rack at Filene's Basement! There was a tear and about 20 pickups that she is fixing as well as taking it in and hemming it and she is only charging me $150-$175. She seems to know what she's doing! lets hope my dress looks great!
  • kendersonkenderson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Where did you take your dress to get steamed after the alterations?  That seems to be the only downfall for Julianne's is that they don't press/steam the dresses for you afterwards.

Tigers love pepper...they hate cinnamon Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HarvestKarmaHarvestKarma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am wondering the same thing! My dress will also be altered by Denise at Julianne's but I need to find a place to press/steam it afterwards. Recommendations appreciated!
    image "As she has planted, so does she harvest; such is the field of karma." Sri Guru Granth Sahib
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards