Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Non-denominational Church needed in Pittsburgh Area

Hi,

My fiance and I need help.  We are both Catholic; however our parish is having confirmations by the Bishop at our church on our wedding day.  When we started looking at other catholic churches in the area we soon learned that you (or parents/grandparents) needed to be members for at least one year before the ceremony.  Others required our batism/confirmations certificates in order to perform our wedding.

So we've now expanded our search to non-denominational churches, but are coming up empty.  Can someone suggest non-denominational churches in the Pittsburgh area we could look in to?

Thank you so much!

Re: Non-denominational Church needed in Pittsburgh Area

• What part of pittsburgh are you trying to find a church in?  Friends of ours got married at plum creek presbyterian (east of pittsburgh, near monroeville) and it was very pretty.  My wedding is going to be at a catholic church in Latrobe and I am not a member there, so you still might have some luck with the catholic churches too if you can find the right one.  Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks so much for your suggestions, we're north/west of the city.   
  • We're getting married at The First Unitarian Church of Pittsburgh in Oakland. They were very budget friendly and the church is beautiful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards