May 2015 Weddings

Starting to get in shape?

Hi fellow May brides! 

Anyone started their pre-wedding health/fitness kick yet? I told myself I was going to start in December (I was clearly delusional thinking I could do it over the holidays), but since mid-January I've been pretty good at making it to barre or Pilates class 3x a week and being a little more conscious of what I'm eating. I only want to lose a few pounds before the wedding (my main focus is on toning up!), so I won't get too focused on what I eat until the wedding gets closer. 

Re: Starting to get in shape?

• I just finished a 24 Day Challenge and lost 7lbs. I plan to do another one in April before the wedding. I'm hoping to lose another 10lbs or so. Since august, I've dropped 23 lbs total. I'll keep up with the clean eating and exercising/running 5xa week
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @springbride216 I've been doing barre as well! It's been so awesome for toning and just all around feeling better!
  • I also do barre and love it!  I'm in recovery from an injury so working out is challenging but I'm really trying to eat right.  Between physical therapy and barre I am doing at least some kind of exercise about 4 times a week.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I did a clean eating challenge 12/1 for a week and lost 4 pounds. Which was huge for me since I haven't been able to lose weight in years. I've kept with the clean eating, convinced my dr to up my thyroid meds & have been working out more consistently. I also just signed up for a few sessions with a personal trainer to kick my butt! And I've lost 17lbs since 12/1/14!! I'm trying to keep with it as much as possible, my goal is to lose another 10lbs by april 1st - I'm assuming that is around when I will have to start my dress fittings so I don't want to lose anything really after.

• I'm losing a bit of weight because I don't like the way my chest looks in my dress right now - cleavage city and I think it looks trashy. I have a pound a week goal until I'm happier with it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm toning up and being conscious of what I'm eating. I've been drinking green tea in lieu of coffee on my days off from work and during my breaks at work.  And for the past few months I've been really increasing my water intake to at least 1.5 litres a day. I've noticed my skin looks better since all of the water!

I also decided to cut out all alcohol. I will drink at my bachelorette party next month, but after that, I wont drink again until the wedding.
  • I am just upping the intensity on the workouts I do regularly. Also trying to take in fewer calories, and trying to make sure what I do eat is super healthy and balanced!!! (Ok, I said trying.. I am prone to eat some wedding panic induced ice cream or chocolate every once in awhile)

I'm want to try a new style of workout, just to change things up on my body... Does anyone do anything they particularly like??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    Nah. I bought my dress on clearance and the only size they had left was roughly a size too big, but still fit me pretty well. I figured that way I wouldn't have to worry about winter weight gain and I could eat all the macaroni and cheese I wanted. 

Tried it on the other day and it fits perfectly, even better now than when I bought it. SUCCESS. 
  • @pompeymagnus I am not sure what your routine entails, but yoga and pilates is always a good addition to cardio and weight training.  It helps to tone you, make you more flexible and really work the core--ABS!! I really love it!
  • I plan on starting Pilates this weekend through the wedding. Unfortunately I lost a lot of weight during planning so I'm hoping to build some muscle mass back up
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards