Massachusetts-Boston

Affordable wedding venue in Massachusetts and beyond

I am looking for an affordable wedding venue, preferably on the water. I am open to basically all of New England, which has made my search rather tough. I am expecting many out of town guests so on site accomodations would be a plus. My total number will be around 100 as well. Any ideas?? I really like the barn look too.  

Re: Affordable wedding venue in Massachusetts and beyond

• This is an international board.  You might have better luck on your local board.  Would you like this moved? @wrigleyville

• I would probably stay clear away from Boston and the immediate surrounding Boston area, as it can get a bit pricey.  I'd definitely move to more of the outer regions!

I hear York, Maine has some beautiful places to be married right near the ocean.  I am not sure if you're a beach person, but the Cape might be a nice place to look too, but again, will most likely be pricey and in the summer time, is impossible to drive down there. 

I am from the north shore of Boston and there are a lot of nice places to get married around here.  Again, if you like beachy, the Crane Estates in Ipswich are beautiful--old mansion overlooking the ocean. 

If you're not really into the beach, the Willowdale Estates at Bradley Palmer State Park in Topsfield is also beautiful--they do amazing tent weddings during the warm months.  Topsfield also has The Commons--one of my best friends got married there. The food was AMAZING! I am thinking it's probably affordable, too. 

If you want a barn wedding, I hear the Brooksby Farms location in Beverly is nice.  There is also this gorgeous barn located out in Groton, MA called Gibbot Hill.  I've never been there but it was a contender for where I wanted to have my wedding.  Which brings me to where I am having my wedding this May--Tewksbury Country Club in Tewksbury.  Super nice, rustic ballroom. I love it!

Since I'm from Massachusetts, this review is a bit biased, but I am sure if you hang in there, there are many more beautiful placed in NH, VT, ME, CT and RI.  I just do not know of them.

Hope this helps! And good luck! :)
  • I'm getting married at the Jones River Trading Post in Kingston, MA! It's right next to a river and it's a very quaint building. It was $1500 for the venue, it's the same rate no matter the season or day of the week. No cake cutting fee, no ceremony fee, no coordinator fee. They work with one caterer exclusively, Plymouth Bay Catering (associated w/ the Charlie Horse), and the prices are very fair. Mark from PBC has been just excellent. It's really been great so far.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards