April 2015 Weddings

Menswear

Hi Ladies,

I'm starting to focus on what my FH and his groomsmen will be wearing during our wedding.  We are planning on navy for FH and grey (regular - not light or charcoal) for the groomsmen.  I've started to find out that it is hard to track down navy rentals so my question is what are you planning on doing for the menswear?  Renting? Buying? Suit, tux, something else?

Can't believe we are in our wedding year!!

Sara

Re: Menswear

• FI and his best man are wearing black suits, mostly because it was an excuse to get FI a properly fitted black suit.
  • We also would like to do navy for the groomsmen and then the groom would be in the black. Im thinking of just having them buy navy slacks from the same store (or brand) and then get a long sleeve white button up shirt. As well as a navy west. I will buy all the bow ties so they are in the same color. Groom wants to wear black suit and vest with a white long sleeve button up. He will take the jacket off for the reception. He will also wear a bow tie. What I am not sure is how to incorporate the mint that the girls are wearing with the guys.
  • We are doing all charcoal grey as our colors are grey and yellow, and I wanted something non-traditional than the jet black, and white was just not my style.

We are going to American Commodore Tuxedo in one of our local malls to rent just because I went to a local bridal show and had won some discounts (I went to 2 different tuxedo booths and won different discounts between each booth, the 2nd booth won me over and would price match the other booth, while trying to get the other stores deposit back as well, going back and forth, between store 1 and store 2, the store we are also going with also with price matching the better discounts also gave me a second free tux, or the price of that tux) as well as we are receiving the grooms attire free already. What they are wearing would normally cost I think $250-$275 and our groomsmen are paying $115 with all of my discounts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @futureMrsMayhle, is there a way to get the mint color into boutinnieres, perhaps pinned to the vests?
  • @keptInStitches yes that's what I am thinking but the mother of the groom wanted the job of making the boutonnieres for the guys. I guess I can hint it but I guess it doesn't matter either way.
  • My fiancé and I are going with navy/midnight blue tuxedos (same-sex couple here). We had focused on this color prior to the Oscars and it looks as if we hit a home run because alllll the talk was about the blue tuxedo. Mine is Hugo Boss and his is John Varvatos. Our Best Men will wear a grey or light grey tuxedo and the ties/vests will be in our wedding colors (ice blue and deep purple). One will wear each.
  • My groomsmen are also wearing navy suits. Well the pants and the vest
  • Ours are renting black tuxes from Men's Wearhouse.

• @interface7 That sounds amazing!!  We ended up finding a great navy Ralph Lauren suit rather than a tux and are putting our groomsmen in gray suits with navy polka dot ties.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards