Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

May 2nd & 3rd Brides

The Mayweather/Pacquiao fight is really screwing up my wedding. Hotel rates are insane for those that haven't booked yet and we're having a hard time booking a rehearsal dinner/welcome reception the night before because all of the restaurants have raised their minimums. Are you having similar problems?? I've had a few "bridal meltdowns" over this. :(

Re: May 2nd & 3rd Brides

• Options
    My fiance and I are getting married on the 5th, but most of our guests wanted to arrive on the 1st or 2nd and had to push their arrival to the 3rd. My best friend is forced to stay in another hotel for the first 2 days because of this fight crap. I honestly don't see why these things are such a big deal. Most of the fights I've heard only last maybe 2 minutes. I feel so bad for the brides that are getting married that weekend. I understand your planning frustration! Hopefully it all works out for you!!
  • Options
    Yeah it's been a mess! About 1/2 of our guests can't attend because travel is so expensive now. Hopefully you're not as effected by it!
  • Options
    Awww this makes me miss my wedding planning! I was also a May 3rd bride last year and it was also fight weekend for Mayweather! I remember how stressful it was having to deal with this! What I ended up doing for our rehearsal dinner was hard rock cafe. There was no minimum at all! They were so easy to work with! Traffic was a pain in the ass the day of our wedding when we did our strip tour for our photos though. Best of luck and congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Options
    This fight is different than the other Mayweather fights that have happened. It is deemed the fight of the century and therefore everything will be overpriced. http://www.hollydayz.com/land-a-travel-tko-with-these-tips/  <~~ some suggestions and warnings

Even hotels like Hooters are averaging 260 and up a night around that time, when that place is typically $20 a night. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards