Wedding Reception Forum

Is this a thing?

The way my day-of timeline is shaping up, it's very likely that our first shuttlebus of guests will arrive while we're still outside of the venue, taking photos. I don't really mind if some guests see me in my dress before the ceremony (...should I?), but is this some sort of... faux pas? As a guest, would you think it was weird or disappointing in some way?

Re: Is this a thing?

• The way my day-of timeline is shaping up, it's very likely that our first shuttlebus of guests will arrive while we're still outside of the venue, taking photos. I don't really mind if some guests see me in my dress before the ceremony (...should I?), but is this some sort of... faux pas? As a guest, would you think it was weird or disappointing in some way?

Nope.

I would say about half of our guests saw me before the wedding as my bridesmaids and I were coming back from taking photos.  I was way too busy being excited/nervous/having all the emotions to even notice.  (Actually, the very first people to see me were my MIL and FIL.  It was actually really sweet to have a moment with the two of them before the ceremony.)
    Anniversary

• Well DH and I hosted a pre-ceremony cocktail hour (so not only did DH and I get ready together, but our guests saw me in all my bridal glory pre-ceremony).

Granted, I had a very intimate ceremony, but still.

I mean, I didn't have a big lavish entrance or anything planned (we basically just all walked over to another part of the garden as a group), so I can't say how it would have affected that.
  • It's not a big deal unless it is to the bride.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Some of my guests saw me taking pictures with the wedding party before the ceremony. No biggie.

Anniversary
  • It's up to you!  I really didn't want any guests seeing me beforehand, so we wrapped up photos before anyone arrived.  My immediate family did see me, and I was fine with that.  As a guest, I wouldn't care if I saw the bride beforehand.
  • A few people saw me before our ceremony.  Did not care one bit.  I was so excited and nervous that I just didn't care, and really I wouldn't have cared even if I was as calm as a cucumber.

And as a guest I would not be upset if I saw the bride before hand.  It certainly isn't going to ruin the moment where she walks down the aisle.

• Some of my guests saw me. I rode the elevator up to the venue with H's dad, stepmom and their kids. NBD. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards