Chit Chat
Options

Told this little gem, today...

edited March 2015 in Chit Chat
"I hope your endometriosis is so bad, that you are never able to have children because even God knows you would be a terrible mother." (Told this by my little sister who actually had her daughter taken away by CPS).
I can't even sleep. I am so pissed. I. Hate. Drama. I am wading in this shit neck-deep this week.
I have to admit, I lost my cool and replied with something equally nasty. My sister, also has endometriosis. She was hospitalized for it, and, even though I have not talked to her in 6 years (from making false statements about me to authorities), I took her home from the hospital because she is still my sister. I would never wish a disease on anyone. Who does that?

Re: Told this little gem, today...

• Options
    OMG, I'm so sorry, I don't even know what to say.
  • Options
    I wish I had that problem. Instead, I lost my cool and said something that wasn't nice. I'm very sensitive about this because H and I have been trying, but still, it doesn't make it okay to stoop to her level.
  • Options

"I hope your endometriosis is so bad, that you are never able to have children because even God knows you would be a terrible mother." (Told this by my little sister who actually had her daughter taken away by CPS).
    I can't even sleep. I am so pissed. I. Hate. Drama. I am wading in this shit neck-deep this week.
    I have to admit, I lost my cool and replied with something equally nasty. My sister, also has endometriosis. She was hospitalized for it, and, even though I have not talked to her in 6 years (from making false statements about me to authorities), I took her home from the hospital because she is still my sister. I would never wish a disease on anyone. Who does that?

It's clear that she doesn't look at you as her sister. So it's pretty obvious what you can do with your relationship with her. 

• Options
    I know, and for I don't view her as my sister, either. In an emergent situation I feel like she is still my sister. And I have had to redefine what is an emergency over the years. I don't expect her to treat me like a sister, I would settle for her treating people as humans.
  • Options
    I never understand how/why people can be so hurtful. The one's closest to you always seem to say the things that cut the deepest because they know what gets to you. I'm sorry you have someone so toxic in your life.

• Options
    Some people are just awful :( and there's no helping her. Sorry she said that. It was pretty low of her. 

• Options
    emmaaa said:

I never understand how/why people can be so hurtful. The one's closest to you always seem to say the things that cut the deepest because they know what gets to you. I'm sorry you have someone so toxic in your life.

For the most part, I have no association with her. But, there has been a death in the family, and she lives with my mom, so I have had more exposure to her than I have had in a while.
  • Options

emmaaa said:

For the most part, I have no association with her. But, there has been a death in the family, and she lives with my mom, so I have had more exposure to her than I have had in a while.
    It sounds like not associating with her is the best thing for your sanity.

• Options
    emmaaa said:

emmaaa said:

QFT

My mother kind of put me in a drama clusterfuck, and I walked right into it. Usually, I know how to avoid it, but I extreme situations, I want to help my mother and I get burned. Sometimes, my heart is bigger than my field of vision, and I don't see the shit I will walk into. Every time, I learn a new lesson, though.
    I need "The More You Know" gif.
  • Options

emmaaa said:

emmaaa said:

QFT

My mother kind of put me in a drama clusterfuck, and I walked right into it. Usually, I know how to avoid it, but I extreme situations, I want to help my mother and I get burned. Sometimes, my heart is bigger than my field of vision, and I don't see the shit I will walk into. Every time, I learn a new lesson, though.
    I need "The More You Know" gif.
    Don't beat yourself up for someone else being shitty to you. Even if you technically put yourself in the situation, you weren't asking to be treated in that manner. Family is hard. It's easy to SAY you aren't going to see them or help them anymore, but that's one of those things that's easier said than done.

• Options
    novella1186novella1186 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    Jesus.... that's fucking awful. That makes the shit my sister says seem like compliments. I'm so sorry she said something that hateful to you. I can't even imagine saying something like that to another person. Fuck! 

I commend you for not punching her right in the mouth. 
  • Options
    "Hi. Go fuck yourself. Eat a dick. K, bye."

She's obviously 7 kinds of fucked up; why even engage?
  • Options
    What an asshole.   Hopefully after this funeral you can put her firmly back in your rearview mirror. 

• Options
    Christ, I am sorry you have that bullshit in your life.

I'm sorry that anyone here has had to deal with similar bullshit in their lives.

I can think some pretty mean shit, but I would never say anything like that to my worst enemy, let alone my sister. I don't know what is wrong with people, I really don't.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    I got nothing but hugs and cute animals

Anniversary
  • Options
    What is wrong with some people?  That's such a cruel thing to say, I'm so sorry.  I don't have advice except to cut that toxin out of your life.  All the creepy internet hugs to you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Can I just hug everyone? I can't fucking believe some people. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Omg that is so terrible! As someone who is struggling with starting a family, comments like that make me so ragey. I echo PPs, you gotta cut that bitch out of your life.
  • Options

Omg that is so terrible! As someone who is struggling with starting a family, comments like that make me so ragey. I echo PPs, you gotta cut that bitch out of your life.

FTFY

• Options
    Oh my goodness, that is horrible!!  I am so sorry!  Who says stuff like that?  I don't have advice, but just internet hugs!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards