Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Backless bra - brand recommendations?

I'm searching online for a backless bra but I'm feeling totally overwhelmed by the enormous number of options! I need something with a fairly significant amount of support and shaping (I'm a natural D-cup and I plan to DANCE DANCE DANCE!). My dress has a keyhole back but plenty of side coverage so the "wings" will work just fine. Anyone have any specific brand or model number recommendations?

Re: Backless bra - brand recommendations?

• Options
    Have you considered having cups sewn right into the dress?  My daughter is a DD and that solution worked perfectly for her.  She was comfortable and felt perfectly supported.
  • Options
    Yes, I'm looking into the sewn-in cup option with my seamstress as well, but I wanted to try this as a back-up. My dress is fairly soft/stretchy, so it may not provide enough structure. I was going to bring the sticky bra to my fitting so we could compare the options.
  • Options
    I recommend sewing the bra in too, or trying to find a low back bustier. Specialty lingerie stores will sell these.
  • Options
    If sewing in cups doesn't work, there is a sticky bra at Target that I am so obsessed with. I'm a D, and I use that thing all the time. I've worn it for over 10 hours straight in 90+ degree heat, so I was sweating a ton, and that thing totally stayed in place. Plus the shape of the cups looks natural, whereas other sticky bras seem to have an odd shape and look weird under clothes. 

You place the cups separately and then latch them together in the middle, so it gives you a bit of cleavage, plus the adhesive regenerates so you just wash it in the sink and re-wear it. 

I feel like I've recommended it on these boards a million times lol. 

Here's the link:
  • Options
    Thanks @novella1186 I appreciate you posting the recommendation for the millionth time! For $16.99 this is something I can certainly afford to try out. Do you mind if I ask which size you bought? The website lists S-XL rather than cup size. I'm assuming XL = D? Target's website sucks.
  • Options

Thanks @novella1186 I appreciate you posting the recommendation for the millionth time! For $16.99 this is something I can certainly afford to try out. Do you mind if I ask which size you bought? The website lists S-XL rather than cup size. I'm assuming XL = D? Target's website sucks.

That sizing is weird because the box always lists actual cup size. I just bought one a couple months ago and I bought it by cup size... I actually bought a C cup cuz I'm tiny and I didn't want the D cup to take up too much of my chest area, if that makes sense. 

If you zoom in on the top right corner of the box, it says A-- DD, so I'm guessing the XL is a DD. So L should be D... but then I guess that would make B and C both "medium"?  Why do they have to make it complicated? Lol 
  • Options

That sizing is weird because the box always lists actual cup size. I just bought one a couple months ago and I bought it by cup size... I actually bought a C cup cuz I'm tiny and I didn't want the D cup to take up too much of my chest area, if that makes sense. 

If you zoom in on the top right corner of the box, it says A-- DD, so I'm guessing the XL is a DD. So L should be D... but then I guess that would make B and C both "medium"?  Why do they have to make it complicated? Lol
    haha! maybe I'll just drag my lazy butt out to the store sometime this week and look at the box...
  • Options
    Mine aren't quite that big, but I definitely need a lot of support. My dress had a v-neck and I wanted some great cleavage (just holding everything in place, not pushing it up)...I was at a wedding a few months ago and I swear the bride's saggy boobs ruined her whole look. 

Anyway, I found the website www.herroom.com and ended up ordering and returning about 10 low-back strapless bras to get one I really liked, and worked with the dress. The seamstress sewed it into the dress so it would really stay in place. Also, even the low-back bra wasn't quite low enough, so the seamstress also unhooked the top few hooks and sewed it down lower as well. 
  • Options
    MandyMost said:

Mine aren't quite that big, but I definitely need a lot of support. My dress had a v-neck and I wanted some great cleavage (just holding everything in place, not pushing it up)...I was at a wedding a few months ago and I swear the bride's saggy boobs ruined her whole look

Anyway, I found the website www.herroom.com and ended up ordering and returning about 10 low-back strapless bras to get one I really liked, and worked with the dress. The seamstress sewed it into the dress so it would really stay in place. Also, even the low-back bra wasn't quite low enough, so the seamstress also unhooked the top few hooks and sewed it down lower as well. 
    Bolded - this is my nightmare...

www.herroom.com looks like a great site. This one may be low enough in the back for my dress:
    http://www.herroom.com/carnival-203-low-plunge-longline-bustier-bra.shtml

I'm going to meet with the seamstress first before I buy a ton of things that I may then need to return, but I really appreciate the ideas ladies! I'm sure I'll find something that will work, and that's really all I care about.
  • Options
    I bought several on amazon (made sure they were free returns) and tried them.  This is what worked for me:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards