February 2012 Weddings

Flower timeline...

Since our siggy challenge is all about our flower inspiration, I thought id ask when everything is planning on doing a final overall meeting with their florist to plan everything (types of flowers in arrangements, sizes, price, etc) I want to get a lot of things done this Summer in order to not have to plan much when I start my teaching job in August, but im wondering if it might be too early for flower details!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Flower timeline...

• I am probably no help on this one, cause I think I have changed my mind....yet again. FI and I are planning a destination wedding in Key West so I think instead of flowers (that we may or may not be able to take back on the ship--why risk it!) we are going to do some unique pomanaders...I have changed my siggy so here is a glimpse of whats ahead.

But if I was doing real flowers, I would probably have a meeting this summer with the florist just to get an idea of what is needed from you and what will be available at the time of your wedding and when you should put your order in to have the flowers in prime condition at the time of your wedding. But it wouldnt be the final meeting...see what your florist thinks...remember, she is a pro at this and has probably done weddings before! :) Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imageimage
  • I've already booked my florist. Since I am busy with work and don't have time to meet onn-on-one with her, we've done e-mail communication which has included pics of the flowers she plans to make for me.

I've depended a lot on vendors like her through word-of-mouth by fellow brides on my local board.
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • i'm not a huge fan of meeting in person lol. my perferemed method of communication is email.
    However, i'm no help because i plan to DIY my flowers. With that said though, i think i'd suggest meeting with the flowerist when it feels right. My only concern about meeting in the summer would probably be flower choices with summer vs winter and prices of the flowers based on seasons. If i were paying a florist i'd probably do a final meeting (in your situation) on winter break/Christmas break. it'll give you a month and 1/2 + which i think would be good timing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • im also no help on this topic. im looking at having my wedding at one of the little chapels in vegas. they have package deals with flowers included
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards