Wedding Reception Forum

pens for photo guestbook

I ordered a photo book on Shutterfly that I am planning on using as a guestbook.  I did some lurking and read that people suggested using fine tip Sharpies with them.  However, I got the guestbook in the mail today and the pages seem a bit slick...typical photo book paper really. But it makes me nervous that the Sharpies may be too wet.  I don't want it to rub off on people's hands or other pages if it doesn't dry before the next person writes or turns the page.   Has anyone had that problem or is that not a problem at all?  Thanks in advance :) 

Re: pens for photo guestbook

• That's a great question. 

I came on here to pose a similar question but in regards to canvas prints. Anyone have any advice on markers/pens to use on canvas prints? 
  • We bought one and I never thought about pens. I use used two basic ones - no issues. I've used sharpies on slick paper (and on laminate) in the past and it was never an issue with smearing. 
  • I think you'll have to test it out and see.

We did an unbound photobook for our guest book (essentially printed scrapbook pages) because we wanted more than one person to be able to sign at a time. The paper was a little slick/shiny. We used the fine-tip sharpies and had no smudging at all. 
  • MandyMost said:

I think you'll have to test it out and see.

We did an unbound photobook for our guest book (essentially printed scrapbook pages) because we wanted more than one person to be able to sign at a time. The paper was a little slick/shiny. We used the fine-tip sharpies and had no smudging at all. 
    Agree. I'd just test it by drawing a heart on a corner and then seeing if it smudged when the page gets turned. Chances are, if it smudges, it'll be just a little bit. 
  • Just use basic ball points. It's what shutterfly recommends. Don't use a foutain pen, for sure.
  • I read on another thread somewhere on TK that people have had success using Sharpie Pens on shutterfly photo books. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards