Chit Chat
Options

Makeup or face care for men?

DH's buddy just stopped by and asked me to cover a huge zit on his chin. He's single, lives a few blocks away, and was about to get a school picture taken (law school event of some sort). I worked my magic, sent him with a blotting paper, and sent him on my way---- but it got me to thinking:

Have you ever put makeup on your man? Does he use your face products?

DH loves my Biore strips, zit cream, and Oil of Olay face wash. He's also been known to use a face mask with me during the rare times that he's clean-shaven. He wouldn't touch makeup, though there is no way I would ever have a color that would work for him.

What goes on in your home?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Makeup or face care for men?

• Options
    FI has his own face care products that i got him into. He has super sensitive skin so he always avoided washing his face because of all the scents in 'manly products'

I got him the clinique for men face line and he washes his face, exfoliates, lotions and even under eye rollers. He likes to look good.

He's mentioned that he may want to go get colour matched for a concealer stick for the wedding because he's really nervous he's going to wake up with a big zit.
  • Options
    I don't think H uses anything for his face specifically. He does like the long handled bath brush for washing his back if I'm not showering with him (often) and I have used some acne stuff on his back before.

Anniversary
  • Options
    My H didn't even use shampoo until we moved in together. Now he occasionally uses conditioner and he blow dries his beard (says it dries straighter and doesn't curl).
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    My preferred Ulta store is near FI's house so he's usually with me when I go in there, which is more frequent than I'd like to admit. A couple months ago we made a trip there "for him" for the first time. We looked through the (very small) section of men's products. He picked out an aftershave, and I recommended a SPF moisturizer from the Murad men's line, which he also bought.

FI would never, ever let me put any kind of makeup on him. Not even on Halloween.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    H doesn't. My mom sells Mary Kay and uses some of the stuff on my dad occasionally.  Every time I've asked H if he wants to use any stuff like that, he gets really skittish and leery and doesn't want to.  I've tried to use some of my toner on his back because he gets a lot of pimples and blackheads back there, but he's just like "Noooo!" so I don't even ask anymore.
  • Options
    Lol FI always steals my Biore strips. He really likes those things. I convinced him to try a red clay mask with me once but he hated it (I think he felt stupid with weird junk all over his face since he isn't used to putting anything on his face). That's about it, though. 

He uses "Dove for Men" face wash and regular lotion on his face in the winter when his skin gets really dry. 

However, I have caught him using my hair dryer before. And he has stolen my comb, but he uses it on his beard. 
  • Options

My H didn't even use shampoo until we moved in together. Now he occasionally uses conditioner and he blow dries his beard (says it dries straighter and doesn't curl).

Hahaha same here. He would legit just lather up the body wash and use it all over- body, hair, face, beard. I got him to at least separate into using shampoo on the hair & beard, and a Clean & Clear face wash. But that's the extent- he will never use products outside the shower. He doesn't blow dry the beard but he brushes it with my (used to be mine) pink roundbrush.

• Options
    My husband has acne fighting face care and sometimes at night will put disinfectant and a band-aid on a particularly bad zit. He's sensitive about that.

He also spends more time on his hair than I do. He has really awesome hair for a 35 year old. 

• Options
    DH uses Neutrogena face wash and a 2-in-1 shampoo/body wash. He's really weird about lotions and won't put anything on his face. If it is dry, I occasionally have to use my Clinique Dramatically Different Gel on him. 

He does use a beard oil that helps his beard not be so dry and prevents in grown hairs.

The only time he has used makeup was the first time he met my mom's family right after we started dating and I had given him a huge hickey on his neck and we were trying to cover it. IT didn't work.

• Options
    I have not yet convinced DH that his beard needs to be shampooed like the hair on the rest of his head. Eventually I will get him to stop using acne face wash on it!
  • Options

I have not yet convinced DH that his beard needs to be shampooed like the hair on the rest of his head. Eventually I will get him to stop using acne face wash on it!

I told DH that he needs to use shampoo because the face wash will dry it out and dry hair doesn't grow as well. I'm not sure how true that is (I believe it) but it worked on him. 

• Options
    FI applies sunblock like a vampire, but other than that he's incredibly, incredibly low-maintenance. He can't grow a beard (at 28) and there's just some soft patchy blond face hair, so he just uses an electric razor every couple of days on that. His skin is good (probably thanks to all the moisturizing from the sunblock.)

In the shower, he just uses whatever I put in there for him, which is usually Dove shampoo and cheap coconut exfoliating body wash. Occasionally he steals my face wash, though.

Oh, but he's obsessed with my sugar scrub and steals it a lot.

I did cover up a zit for him once when he was getting a picture taken for something, but the zit itself was such a freak occurrence that the opportunity has never come up again.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Could you try getting him a beard wash?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    blabla89 said:

Could you try getting him a beard wash?
    I had no idea that such a thing existed!
  • Options
    jenna8984 said:

Hahaha same here. He would legit just lather up the body wash and use it all over- body, hair, face, beard. I got him to at least separate into using shampoo on the hair & beard, and a Clean & Clear face wash. But that's the extent- he will never use products outside the shower. He doesn't blow dry the beard but he brushes it with my (used to be mine) pink roundbrush.
    That's what H does.  He uses a 2-in-1 bodywash and shampoo. He uses it all over.  He likes to occasionally use my hair brush when he's getting to the point where he needs a hair cut. Then I lost it in the last move and so he's always complaining and asking where my hair brush is.  I did buy a round brush for blow drying so sometimes he'll use that.

I never brush my hair.  I have straight hair that does not tangle, so I really don't need one. I just finger comb it after a shower.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards