Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Does this sound ok for the rehearsal dinner?

There will be 8-10 people going to the rehearsal and I found a cute little Italian/Pizza place to go to afterwards. My idea was to order a bunch of pizzas ahead of time and then people can order whatever drinks they would like.

This isn't poor etiquette in any way is it? Meaning only allowing them to have pizza?

Re: Does this sound ok for the rehearsal dinner?

• Options
    arrrghmateyarrrghmatey member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2015
    All that is required of a rehearsal dinner is that you invite everyone involved in the rehearsal (bridal party, officiant, immediate family), and that you host them properly. You can host it in a pizza place and have just pizza and soft drinks as long as you are paying the bill.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    ok good!! Thank you :)

• Options

There will be 8-10 people going to the rehearsal and I found a cute little Italian/Pizza place to go to afterwards. My idea was to order a bunch of pizzas ahead of time and then people can order whatever drinks they would like.

This isn't poor etiquette in any way is it? Meaning only allowing them to have pizza?
    You have to include everyone's significant other as well.  But pizza is fine.
  • Options
    adk19 said:

You have to include everyone's significant other as well
    .  But pizza is fine.

Yes, I forgot to add this. All SO's must be invited.

And I love pizza, so I'd totally be okay with attending a rehearsal dinner with pizza.
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I'd add in salad or breadstick if you can but pizza is fine.  I'd much rather have that than the place we are doing ours.
  • Options

You should be paying for the drinks as well.  You can order pitchers of soda for the table, or beer if you're okay with that, but you should pay for drinks too.
  • Options
    As long as you're also hosting everyone's significant others and also paying for people's drinks, that sounds totally fine.

Formerly martha1818

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards