April 2016 Weddings
Options

Washington D.C.- Ideas and locations for engagement photos!

Hello all! I am new to DC and newly engaged!

We are looking for locations to shoot and a photographer!

So if you're familiar with DC and have any location ideas or a great photographer please let me know all about it, and if it's not to intrusive please post your favorite engagement photos, (I can only take so much Pinterest, lol) 

Thank you all in advance!

Wooo hoooo getting married in 2016!

Re: Washington D.C.- Ideas and locations for engagement photos!

• Options
    Hi! First off, congrats!!! My fiance and I are planning to get our pictures taken here in DC in a couple of weeks, and we've gotten a pretty decent list started. 

The Mall - I am a cheesy touristy type girl, and I'm not from DC, so I wanted to make sure that we got all the monuments in. My favorites that I'm hoping to use for pics are the WWII and Lincoln. Because the Capitol has scaffolding on it right now, we may pass on that, at least until it's sunset/dark.

Meridian Hill Park - This is over off of 16th St near U St. It doesn't currently have water in the fountains, but when it does, it's gorgeous. 

Yards Park - I have seen a lot of really cute engagement pics here so we may add this in depending on time. 

Georgetown - This is a pretty common idea, I'm not sure we'll do this but the cobblestone streets and pretty storefronts make it gorgeous for engagement pictures. You can also get some pretty pictures with the water.

Here's a list I found online that may also be helpful - http://www.fitforabrideblog.com/wedding-wednesday-10-top-picks-for-dc-area-photos/

I would also caution that I read on a few blogs you might need permits for the national park areas (the Mall, etc) so I've got my photographer looking into that. I had no clue so just wanted to flag that for you. Hope this is helpful!
  • Options
    Awesome! Thank you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards