Chit Chat

Stuff

FI's grandma passed this week and we are getting toasted in her name. It's what she would have wanted. 

I loved her, and I knew her for more than ten years. And I'm only 23! That's nearly half my life! And only a tiny fraction of hers!

The family is all fine, it was a relief. She had been sick for so long and just so miserable. My favorite picture of her is her sitting on the back of a sailboat with one hand straight up in the air and the other clutching a bottle of Merlot. She lived to be 96! She was well loved.

Anyway, lots have been going on in my little life, I'm not abandoning you my babies! I'll be in and out. 

Not that anyone missed me ;)

Save your condolences and tell me what you're drinking tonight! I made a hodge=podge frozen margarita with raspberry vodka and extra lime. It's delicious. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Stuff

• I am not drinking tonight, but I'm having some peach sangria sorbetto and it is daaaaaamn delicious. FI is having rum and diet pepsi because something is wrong with his ass.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I am having a chardy party in my sweats! I am currently half way through the bottle. And I will finish the rest as a toast to you @larrygaga

I raise a glass to Grandma gaga, 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sorry to hear about your grandma Larry... But glad you're pouring one out for her!
    *********************************************************************************

• sorry to hear about grandma.

im not drinking tonight.  or should I say right now.   I might when DH comes home.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Aww, granny :( I'm really sorry to hear that.

I am not drinking tonight because I have already dairy-ed myself sick.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. Grandma sounds like an amazing lady. And your drink sounds delish.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Your drink sounds amazing.

I had artisanal cider today. It was amazing.

I wasn't going to drink, but I'll pop another cider in your Grandmas honor.

Anniversary
  • *hugs and sends a toast to your grandmother*

I haven't begun drinking but FH bought several bottles of Deep Eddy vodka (pretty much all he drinks now) so I may have some of that.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Not currently drinking, but feel like I should open something in her honor.

My grandma passed quietly after watching the sunset drinking a glass of wine, she was sitting at the bar one moment and gone the next...going I go in similar peaceful and full style.

Sorry for your loss, but happy for all the gains you enjoyed having her in your life!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll drink another glass of wine for your grandmother.
  • Peace out granny, see you in the next <3

I'm drunk off local beer. The IPAs are like 20% haha
  • Currently having a gin and tonic and already had a Redd's apple ale and a couple corona lights. Grandma gaga sounds awesome. 
  • I'm snacking on Tums right now. Super exciting!

Love you Larry.

• lovegood90lovegood90 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    Sorry for your loss.

I drank way too many gin and tonics at the hockey game but now I'm home alone with no food, what?!

Formerly martha1818

• Malibu rum and root beer. Sounds horrible, actually delicious.
  • I'm drinking bourbon and coke following wine with dinner with DH.

I'm in the same boat, gaga. Grandma has been gone a little over a month and a half. Sunday night was our traditional time to call and chat. It's hard not hearing her on the other end of the phone. Compounding is the fact that this weekend I prepared the necessary documents for the monetary inheritance she left me. I'd give it all back if it meant 5 minutes of conversation and laughter with her again.

Hugs to you, FI, and plenty of drinks in grandma's name.  It might help/bring comfort to read this poem that my grandma picked out for her service (yes, she was THAT OCD, but she knew just how to make us smile through the tears)

I'd like the memory of me to be a happy one,
    I'd like to leave an afterglow of smiles when life is done.
    I'd like to leave an echo whispering softly down the ways,
    of happy times and laughing times and bright and sunny days.
    I'd like the tears of those who grieve, to dry before the sun,
    with happy memories that I leave when my life's work is done.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards