Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Can you wear a hairpiece, veil, and blusher?

I'm planning to wear a cathedral length veil on a comb, blusher on a comb, and metal hairpiece on a comb. Has anyone worn 3 combs in their hair at one time? I'm concerned that all of those combs will be too heavy in my hair. 

Re: Can you wear a hairpiece, veil, and blusher?

• Options
    You should talk to your hairdresser about this. Depending on how fine or thick your hair is it may or may not work.

Personally, I think it sounds a little busy.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I wore a birdcage veil on a comb and a metal hair piece on a comb, which was fine for me. But like chibiyui said, you should probably consult with your hairdresser. I would imagine the way your want your hair styled would also have a large impact.

I attached a picture so you can see what it looked like on me.

• Options
    Thanks, chibiyui! That is good advice to check with my hairdresser. I decided to do another trial so we can see if the hairpiece and veils will work.  

And thanks for the pic ahyatt87. Beautiful!
  • Options
    While you can, do you really want to?

You can also wear a necklace, bracelet, earrings, and tiara at the same time, but it will look tacky.

Just because you have a ton of options doesn't mean you should exercise them.  Coco Chanel said to take one thing off before you leave the house.  Edit with a careful eye so the things you love have the opportunity to stand out and you don't look like you went into a bridal store and bought everything in sight.
  • Options
    Are you planning on wearing your veil the entire day?  I am thinking since it is cathedral length then probably not.  Have you thought about getting the blusher attached to your veil comb?  That will eliminate one comb from being in your hair.  Also it will be easier to remove the veil/blusher combo then having to remove two combs and have two chances to mess up your hair.

Personally I think of a veil and blusher as one piece rather then two separate pieces.  Why not wear the veil/blusher combo for the ceremony and a few pictures, then take that off and add the hairpiece?

But really I don't think having all three is over kill.  Also the combs that are used on these pieces aren't 10 pounds each.  They are very light so it isn't like your head is going to be weighed down.

• Options

Are you planning on wearing your veil the entire day?  I am thinking since it is cathedral length then probably not.  Have you thought about getting the blusher attached to your veil comb?  That will eliminate one comb from being in your hair.  Also it will be easier to remove the veil/blusher combo then having to remove two combs and have two chances to mess up your hair.

Personally I think of a veil and blusher as one piece rather then two separate pieces.  Why not wear the veil/blusher combo for the ceremony and a few pictures, then take that off and add the hairpiece?

But really I don't think having all three is over kill.  Also the combs that are used on these pieces aren't 10 pounds each.  They are very light so it isn't like your head is going to be weighed down.
    Both the bolded are exactly what I was going to suggest. Both-- or either-- of those tactics should make things a bit easier on you, OP. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions maggie0829 and novella1186! I had thought of combining 2 on one comb, too, but not sure I'll have the time to get that done with less than 2 weeks til the wedding. Putting the hair piece in later is a good option that I'll have to consider.
  • Options
    Jpham18 said:

Thanks for the suggestions maggie0829 and novella1186! I had thought of combining 2 on one comb, too, but not sure I'll have the time to get that done with less than 2 weeks til the wedding. Putting the hair piece in later is a good option that I'll have to consider.

I would take it to a local seamstress and ask them if combining them would be possible.  I DIYd my own veil and adding the veil to the comb took me about 15 minutes so a professional should be able to easily make that change for you.  But if it can't be done, no biggie.  Having them separate would be fine as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards