Massachusetts

Barn weddings in Massachusetts

Hi all,
First time posting... Just checked out the Salem Cross Inn and loved it. We'll have 175 - 200 at our wedding, which means we'll put people upstairs (I have no problem with that!) but I'm wondering about dancing. Anyone been to a wedding there? Was the dance floor in the barn or downstairs? I don't mind the idea of having a separate dance space downstairs but I didn't love the room when I saw it (specifically the floor... it's painted green, I think?). 

Just curious if anyone has any feedback or ideas about this place in regards to dance space.

We're also checking out the Smith Barn and the Red Lion Inn in the next few weeks, if anyone has any experiences there!

Thanks, all!

Re: Barn weddings in Massachusetts

• I just got married there August 16th and we had 133. The dance floor is in the barn and it was plenty big enough for my crazy dancing families! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not a fan of a wedding there with that many...I was there for a work event with 150ish and it was so uncomfortable.  Sorry!  Other venues...Zukas is nice, Old Sturbridge VIllage has different locations to choose from too. GL!
  • I love Salem Cross!  We have been to a wedding with guests upstairs, dancing is downstairs.  I did notice it was a bit cramped compared to Smith Barn in peabody. 
  • I know this is an older post, but for future barn wedding seekers--the Red Barn at Hampshire College is very lovely and seems relatively affordable! We never actually toured the location because they didn't have availability for the month we wanted, but based on the pictures and reviews online, it's definitely worth checking out! 
  • Also, the Publick House Inn in Sturbridge also has a cute barn option for smaller numbers. Another relatively affordable option!
  • And now, in Sturbridge, a new venue owned by the Table 3 restaurant group is opening this spring. It has an open post and beam structure and is considered "modern rustic!" (t3chefs.com)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards