Wedding Woes

*heffa*

What episode of bloodline are you on?

Re: *heffa*

• ::embarrassed blush::

I keep coming within striking distance of Episode 4, but I keep falling asleep before the end of 3.  Why, are we going to do a Bloodline post?  Because tonight could be the night I actually make it to #4!

(The falling asleep part is a reflection on me, not Bloodline.)
  • I just started #4. 

FINISH 3 DAMN IT!  We have to talk.
  • I totally lied!  I did finish 3, when I went to start it last night it was partway through 4. 

Let's talk.  Danny and the hotel room key?  I got a serious chill.  And that was a body in the trunk at the end, right?  I asked DH and he squinted and said "I don't know, maybe."  But it totally was, right?

And who is calling Meg from Danny's phone?!
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2015
    Yes, it was a body in Meg's trunk.  You could see the hand.  It's always so dark on that show.  Sometimes it's hard to make out some stuff.   

And yes, at the end of 3 I was all, "WHO'S IN THE TRUNK? WHO'S CALLING MEG?!?!!"

I watched all of 4 and started 5.  It's getting better and better.  I just wonder how they're going to have a second season. 

I love Steven Pasquale (Meg's lover) so, so much.  He's great on this and Good Wife. I hope he's not dead in Meg's trunk, because it seems he's leaving the Good Wife.  I want him to stay in my life. ;)
  •  Yes, it was a body in Meg's trunk.  You could see the hand.  It's always so dark on that show.  Sometimes it's hard to make out some stuff.   

And yes, at the end of 3 I was all, "WHO'S IN THE TRUNK? WHO'S CALLING MEG?!?!!"

I watched all of 4 and started 5.  It's getting better and better.  I just wonder how they're going to have a second season. 

I love Steven Pasquale (Meg's lover) so, so much.  He's great on this and Good Wife. I hope he's not dead in Meg's trunk, because it seems he's leaving the Good Wife.  I want him to stay in my life. ;)
    See, I thought that was a hand!  I think it's Danny in the trunk, but I would also not be surprised if they dropped hints to suggest it and then WHAM, it's someone else.  It's too much to hope that it's Kevin, isn't it?  Kevin could fall off the face of the earth and I would never miss him.  He'd better be integral to the plot somewhere down the road, because right now he's just sort of an annoying fly buzzing around the other characters.  They should just cut all his lines and have him wear a t-shirt that says "I don't like Danny and I have a short fuse."  It would accomplish exactly the same thing.

Danny was super, super cold with Meg, after all she's done on his behalf.  I'd put his body in my trunk*, too.  :)

* pure speculation, I know
  • Yes, Kevin is a straight up dick. 

The weird thing to me about this show is that while they're all siblings, it's almost if they act like they were each raised in a completely different family.   It's just odd how they all interact with one another.  And Sally's interactions with her kids are even weirder.  
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2015
    They're not the most functional, for sure.

I think this was episode 4, not 3, but it's not a spoiler:  at one point, John tells his dad that even though his dad left it up to the siblings to decide whether Danny could stay, John told Danny their dad said no.  And after he apologized, their dad just said "Everyone lies."  Not "I understand" or "it's okay," but "everyone lies."  Which I had mentioned to DH previously--none of them are honest with each other.  Danny's up to whatever, Kevin's separated and pretending not to be, no one knew about the miscarriage, Meg has her side piece (which, woooo, I agree with you, I'd take him over Marco any day of the week, and twice on Sundays), John lied to Danny about who decided he couldn't stay.  So many secrets and lies.  I mean, they left Sally out of the Danny-staying discussion altogether.  WTF.

And what happened to Sara(h)?! 
  • Sorry, I missed the part where you said you finished 4 and started 5.  So definitely not a spoiler.  ;)

Today is cleaning day (woohoo!), so after I get the kids in bed and pack DD's backpack, I'm not doing anything domestic, I'm going to kick back and watch me some Bloodline.
  • Okay, I finished 4 yesterday and made it through part of 5.  The end of 4?  Man, Danny looked so happy riding shotgun in that old truck, the wind ruffling his stringy, unwashed, Riggins-like hair.  And when Papa Ray said the others weren't joining them, my stomach dropped.  And when he told Danny to leave, the expressions on Danny's face!  I love how he went from wounded, to menacing.  (Ben Mendelsohn is a fantastic actor!)  I seriously went from feeling so badly for him, to thinking "Please don't do anything terrible, please."

And then...Papa Ray is dead.  "What did you two talk about?"  "Uh...........he wanted me to take on extra responsibility."  Uh-huh.  I have to rewatch that part to see if anyone was buying it.  Grief or no, that doesn't sound too plausible.

I so don't get Sally.  Maybe she's supposed to be stoic, but sometimes I feel like she's not all there, YKWIM?
  • I'm on 6.  All I can think is "Oh Danny."
  • I just got through 7.  I'm thinking of putting Sally's picture on a milk carton, I haven't seen her in a while.

I did rewatch the "more responsibility" part (I was dozing off the first time through), and yeah, luckily the other Rayburn kids had their "bullshit" faces on. 

Danny, Danny, Danny.  I think it was at the end of 6 when he and John were talking, and he made a comment about how John has to protect his family, he doesn't want anything to happen to them.  Is Danny making me paranoid, or was that a threat?  Because if it was, John sure didn't seem to get it.  So maybe that was the point, or maybe Danny is so creepy he's making me nervous and jumpy.  ;)
  • Danny boy is making me think of Robert Durst.  The oldest who doesn't take on the traditional 'oldest' role and is supposed to be the loveable fuck-up.  Now he's taking a turn for the creepy as hell.  
  • OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!  I'm on 9.  You need to hurry up. 

The seersucker suits question is answered.  ;) 

• The seersucker suits question is answered.  ;) 
    Thank god!  ;)

The oldest who doesn't take on the traditional 'oldest' role and is supposed to be the loveable fuck-up.  Now he's taking a turn for the creepy as hell.  

That's so funny, because I almost described him as "loveable fuckup" (exact words) in my post.  As in "I'm teetering between Danny = loveable fuckup vs. Danny = scary, dangerous guy."  But I decided I was leaning too heavily toward scary-dangerous, so I deleted it.
  • When you get to 9, let me know what you think of the answer to the seersucker suits.  
    edited March 2015
    I'm not a fan of Chloe Sevingy, and her role doesn't make it any better.  BUT, I will say she looks softer on this show than IRL, and that's funny because her character has supposedly lived a harder life...A harder one than the Rayburns. 
  • When you get to 9, let me know what you think of the answer to the seersucker suits.  

I have a pretty firm opinion on seersucker suits already, so this should be interesting.

(My cousin wore a seersucker suit to my wedding.  Would not have been my choice, but he sure was loving it, so good for him.)

I'm not a fan of Chloe Sevingy, and her role doesn't make it any better.  BUT, I will say she looks softer on this show than IRL, and that's funny because her character has supposedly lived a harder life...A harder one than the Rayburns. 

I read a review of Bloodline that was all "Chloe Sevigny, yaaaay!" and I was like "Her?"
    edited March 2015
    I'm on 11 now.  My blood pressure has been high this whole episode. 

ETA: Glad I stuck with this show.  The first ep was quite boring, but the rest has been so good. 
  • I'm going to strop if you keep watching it without me.  I'll never catch up now.
  • I'm on 13.  :D
  • I finished. 

I will say that I was really wondering up until the last moments how there was going to be a season 2.  I still wonder how they'll make it as intense/mysterious as this season was.  They did a good job building the tension through the last few episodes. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards