Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Dress shopping alone

So I made my first appointment to go dress shopping and I'm going alone.

I  live in MD with my fiance but I'm originally from NY. All of my friends and family live in NY so I don't have anyone to go with right now.  They are planning to come down to MD next month but I'm getting a little antsy and want to get the ball rolling. At least without them I can narrow down what I like and don't like.

Do you think this is crazy/weird/sad?

Re: Dress shopping alone

• Options
    I did all of my dress shopping alone and it never occurred to me that it was crazy/weird/sad. In fact, I saw quite a few other brides shopping alone. I think if you're comfortable with your style and your body then you'll have a good idea what works and what doesn't. I see no reason why a bride can't make this decision on her own, especially if she doesn't have anyone trusted who is local. It also sounds like you'll have the option to bring your friends and family back to the dress stores in a month if you feel conflicted. Have fun!
  • Options
    Same here. It was so much easier.
  • Options
    Thank you! I am totally confident in going alone but as I tell more people I get a lot of "awwwws!" and pity looks.

I am actually really excited to get started and have a me day!
  • Options
    I really wanted to go alone, but my mother and sisters were so eager I couldn't turn them down.

I think its great to go alone, if you still want the experience then either narrow it down to a couple you love and then when people are in town you can go and say 'these are my top picks! lets get some opinions'

Or you can just choose a dress on your own and still go when they come simply to show them the one you got.

I think going alone will make sure you get the one YOU want, not the one that your entourage wants you to get:) GOOD LUCK and have a blast :)
  • Options
    I got mine online, and while I did show my fiance a couple on the website, I really didn't want or need anyone else telling me what to get. I'm the one that has to wear the thing. If you want to shop alone, it makes perfect sense to me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You guys are making me feel a lot better. I guess I was just a little hesitant because all of my friends and family have made it into a "big day." 

Thanks everyone for your kind words!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards