Nevada-Las Vegas

When did Photography get so expensive?

I will be getting married on June 1st at the Linq and we have 30 minutes of photography included in our package. Basically that only allows the photographer to take pictures during the 15 minute ceremony and then snap a few photos afterwards. I can purchase additional photo time from them but the packages are expensive and then I have to pay additional if I want them to leave the Linq hotel property. I'm really on a tight budget but I want some photos taken around Vegas. I don't need like a 3 hour photo tour, I just want to be able to get a few really neat places in for a decent cost. Does anyone have any ideas? 

Re: When did Photography get so expensive?

• Consider booking a strip tour 'engagement session' or the like with one of the more budget friendly photographers, like Bently & Wilson. 

If you're going through a Total Rewards property like the Linq, you're going to get stuck with Cashman Photo, which are expensive and not as high quality as some of the "non-hotel" vendors.
  • You can always pay the additional fee to have a different photography of your own. I think it was only $150 to do this at Linq. I agree book a time with B&W as they are VERY inexpensive compared to other photographers. You should call ASAP as he books up fast. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's nearly always better to opt out and use a third party vendor IF the resort in question permits it.  Most don't, but some tsill do fortunately.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• xoeden said:

If you're going through a Total Rewards property like the Linq, you're going to get stuck with Cashman Photo, which are expensive and not as high quality as some of the "non-hotel" vendors.
    I actually decided to go with the Linq because it was the one hotel on the strip that I could find that did NOT use Cashman. I'm pretty sure they have a monopoly on Vegas hotel weddings and I had heard very bad reviews about them. Thanks for the advice. I looked into Bentley and Wilson and their prices were so much more reasonable than the other places I had found. Luckily I have a friend that has agreed to travel with us for just the cost of her plane ticket and she will be our photographer! :-) I feel much better now!!
  • madisonbh said:

xoeden said:

I actually decided to go with the Linq because it was the one hotel on the strip that I could find that did NOT use Cashman. I'm pretty sure they have a monopoly on Vegas hotel weddings and I had heard very bad reviews about them. Thanks for the advice. I looked into Bentley and Wilson and their prices were so much more reasonable than the other places I had found. Luckily I have a friend that has agreed to travel with us for just the cost of her plane ticket and she will be our photographer! :-) I feel much better now!!
    That's awesome! I didn't realize that the Linq isn't linked with Cashman, I just assumed that because it's another Total Rewards property, it would be linked. But then again, they're also using private photographer photos to promote their chapel, so that makes sense.

Working with a local photographer is always a great option, too. :) It's always nice to incorporate a friend!
  • Planet Hollywood uses image or imagine. I'm sorry I can't remember, but I do know it is NOT cashman.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited April 2015
    Caesars is another Total Rewards property that also uses Imagine Studios, not Cashman.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards