Destination Weddings Discussions

Hard Rock Punta Cana

Has anyone been married at or went to a wedding at the Hard Rock in Punta Cana? If so, how was it?  Pictures look awesome!

Re: Hard Rock Punta Cana

• We looked into getting married there because it looked awesome. We decided against getting married there mainly because the marriage requirements were tough. You need to do ALOT of paperwork to get legally married there and we wanted to get married at our destination as opposed to getting married at home then having a ceremony at the destination.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We have been looking at getting married there too. The pictures are amazing! I would love to hear from anyone that got married there as well.
    Visit Caribbean.weddings.com

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • As a fellow punta cana bride althouh I am not getting married at the hard rock it was a resort highly recommended by both travel companies I talkes to and one said if we were to go anywhere that was the place but it was more than i wanted to spend.. We start all our paperwork next month. I dnt think it will be too bad since we will go to the travel agents office and do it but stupidly expensive! Welcome to the board and we all hope yoh stick around
    Anniversary
  • Hi Ladies! I am getting married at the Hard Rock in March of 2014. It is a little pricy but i did a site visit a couple of months ago and it is AMAZING! If your going to have your guest pay to take a trip i feel like i should bring them to the BEST of the best. The food was fantastic the resort is beautiful and HUGE. They have things to do for all age groups indoors and outdoors. I still have over a year to go but i have a lot of planning done already. If i can answer any questions you have ill be more than happy to! I'm pretty new to this site i haven't had the time to really post but ill be on a lot more often now
    I watch Meet Me in St Louis every year with my fmaily on christmas eve night before we open gifts image
  • cheshyreshancheshyreshan member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Koliver55, were your guest hesitant about the cost? And how did you (for lack of a better word) sell them on it? My FI and I really want to get married there, but we are struggling with having our friends and family pay that much.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for all of your input! AndI agree cheshyreshan, but we finally decided to just book it because the Hard Rock has exactly what WE are looking for. However, it is going to be hard "selling" it to our guests because it is expensive.  But hopefully we have given people enough time to save and they can make it happen i they really want :)
  • Great input. I am currently waiting on a call back an looking at a June wedding there. Any tips you could give me to ask the planner?
  • @rachelw61
    I am trying to remember the questions that I had for the Miami coordinators, but I cannot think of any.  We are getting married there 6 months from today, so please feel free to ask me specific questions.  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi there! I'm also having my wedding there in June 2015. I was wondering if you book a videographer yet? They recommended ocean studio but I didn't like it.
  • Where do I start? My wedding day/week was perfect. We arrived on Monday and got married on Thursday. I enjoyed getting there a day before everyone else so we could get settled in. We had the Welcome Party at the Eden Pool on Tuesday. I'm so glad we did this! All the guests were able to meet each other and we were able to see almost everyone! 

We had our rehearsal at 5pm on Wednesday and rehearsal dinner at Toro. It was so yummy! They set tables up all together in a semi-private area, which was perfect. 

On the wedding day, we brunched at Ciao (made a reservation a few weeks before) with the bridesmaids and mothers. I had my makeup done in my room with one of the resort's stylists! She was amazing. I'm glad I did a trial run the day before because we had to tweak a few things. For the ceremony, I didn't use a package but pretty much picked everything out myself. The ceremony was on Isla Beach. I loved how there weren't beach chairs near the ceremony area. 

The reception was a blast! It was on Element Terrace and couldn't have been more perfect! It started raining but we moved all the tables under the covering and continued to party! I am so happy we did the Fire Show as the finale! Our guests LOVED it! And we did too!! 

Things I am so glad I did:
    1. We hired an off resort photographer, Photo Souvenir. Photos and videography are huge for me. It's what you have left after it's all over! We haven't received all our photos, just "sneak peeks". What we have received blew me (& everyone else who saw them) away! It did cost more to bring them in but it was worth it. 
    2. We rented two golf carts for the day of. This was awesome to have to run errands during the day. Also, the bridal party used them to get to the wedding ceremony. Since the resort is so big, these were great to have. 
    3. I created "wedding day duties" for each bridal party member so I didn't have to worry about anything the day of. I can email this list and other lists I made that were helpful!
    4. I sent out an itinerary to each guest before the trip so they knew which pool we were at everyday. This helped with people not blowing up our phones asking where we were all week! (The Central Pool was the most fun to us!) 
    5. The Welcome Party really set the tone for the week!
    6. We gave drink tumblers as our welcome gift and everyone loved (and used) them!
    7. I asked resort a few weeks before the trip to put all your guests in the same building/area. Preferably 4A, 4B, 2A or 2B. 
    8. The day after shoot in the natural spring was a blast! The pictures are breathtaking and we had so much fun!!

Things I would change:
    1. Speeches (Father of the Bride, MOH and BM) at the rehearsal dinner and not reception. It took time away from the dance/party time during the reception. 
    2. Leave the resort for our honeymoon. We stayed at the resort because we thought the resort was big enough so we wouldn't really see anyone ... But we did. 

Please let me know if I can help in anyway! I do event planning for a living so I have many more things I can share that I left out! 

We could not have chosen a better resort to get married! It is an amazing place. All of our guests were blown away!

• ZOMIE THREAD. CLOSING.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards