May 2015 Weddings

Rsvp freak out

Hi ladies! It's officially april so all our weddings are officially next month!

I just needed a place to vent my "frustration" and just sheer panic that so many people have not rsvp'd yet. Our rsvp date is set for April 20th (18 more days!) and I'm still waiting on at least 50% of the guests. Most of them are from the FI side that haven't replied which frustrates me.

I'm panicking that no one is going to come to our wedding. Is this a rational thought or am I overreacting?

Re: Rsvp freak out

• I'm with you. My RSVP date is April 15th and I'm still missing around 35% of my invites. Every day that I don't get a RSVP card back, I get a little sad lol 

It's totally irrational and I know this. But at least you're getting some RSVPs and you know that some people are coming to your wedding! :) So don't fret!

• Don't panic til after the rsvp date! Our count is due crazy early to the venue so ours just went out and it has been fun getting replies back already. We are having a small wedding and I think even before sending rsvps I could say whether they are coming or not for 75% of the list
  • Our RSVP date is next Monday and we're waiting for about 1/3 of our replies still. There are a few that we know aren't coming, but I want everyone else to hurry up and reply please!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Our RSVP deadline is next Tuesday. We are almost to 65% on our RSVP rate which is a big jump from where we were only a week or so ago, when I think we were under 40%. There are some RSVP's outstanding that I know are coming -- like FI's mom. But I don't know if his mom is bringing anyone with her. (We invited her with her boyfriend). 

It's interesting because out of 143 people (including ourselves) invited to the wedding, we only know that about 75 people are coming (I'm including people I know are coming, who haven't actually RSVP'd). We haven't had a ton of declines but most everyone I gave an "and guest" to (who isn't in a relationship) isn't bringing a guest, so in terms of attendance we could have anywhere from 75 - 118 people. That's a pretty huge range really. 

We're just going to have to get to work next week following up with people. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards