Chit Chat
Options

feelin' bitchy

I'm in a terrible mood today, and I think it's PMS, but literally everything is getting on my nerves. BUT I'm trying not to be a debbie-downer, so I'll post 3 things that are bugging me & maybe a few good things ;)

- Our engineering group just hired a new girl & I'm so excited to finally have another female with me in our office because I've been working with a bunch of men for the last year, BUT she sits directly behind me and her nails click-clack on the keyboard SO LOUD and it drives me up the wall. She also wears these giant clunky boots (we have to wear safety shoes) that are super loud & she doesn't pick up her feet when she walks, it's really annoying. Other than that (which are really dumb things to bitch over, but whatever), I REALLY like her!

- Mom is mad at me because I didn't "check with her first" about scheduling my meeting with our videographer. The meeting is at 5:30, and she usually works until about 5:30, the meeting is literally 5 minutes from her office, but today she has to work late (which I didn't know). I told her that she didn't have to come to every meeting I have with my vendors, but she's just being difficult.

- Trying to figure out our budgets & get preapprovals from mortgage lenders is making me ragey. There are 3 houses on the market right now that are PERFECT for us, and I'm dying to go see them, but I don't wanna go see them and get my hopes up before we get preapproved. I've given 2 lenders all of our information yesterday and I'm STILL waiting to hear from them. I know they're busy but like come onnnnnn. 

- FI got a new, really great job and he starts next week, hence the house hunting. We are super excited!

- We are throwing my cousin's baby shower this Saturday and I can't wait to see all the cute stuff she gets (plus, cake!). 

- I'm about to eat lunch, so maybe that'll make me feel better :)

What's bugging you today and what's going well?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: feelin' bitchy

• Options

Your realtor might be able to help you get pre-approved a bit faster. Do you have a realtor? I was not at all looking to buy when I did, but my mom sent me a link of a house she thought I'd like, so I went to see it and basically put in an offer two days later. 

My realtor (really my sister's realtor- but I called her bc it was so last min.) helped me get pre-approved very very quickly to move the process along.  I knew the house would go quickly just bc of the part of town it was in if I didn't put in an offer ASAP.

• Options
    I'm feeling much better, today. I think i will make today my bitch. Nothing bad, in my world, today. :)
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015
    I currently live with my parents (saving to move out) and they are trying to run my life. My mom is trying to act like my doctor and do armchair diagnoses, and she has no medical qualifications whatsoever, but she's totally dismissive of my feelings. I also had to call out my doctor's office on a HIPAA violation (they discussed certain things about me with my mother because he's her and my dad's doctor too. Yes, I am contemplating switching doctors over it.). And it's tax season and I feel burned out.
  • Options

Annoyances:

-Nothing is ever good enough for my boss. I am constantly thinking I am going to lose my job. It's stressing me out.

-My friend just backed out of plans we've had for months and I knew he was going to!

Good stuff:
    -We got a huge refund from Allstate but I am not sure for what so I emailed my agent and I think he's on vacation so I don't know if I should cash it or not.

-I took this Friday off work to do wedding stuff!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The Bad Stuff:

• I am either extremely busy at work, or have absolutely nothing to do
    • I am having trouble finding a new job where FI and I live (though I only live there part time...until I get a new job)
    • I cut my parrot's toenail too short last night and it was awful and bloody and frightening and I feel like a terrible person, even though she is totally unfazed
    The Good Stuff:
    • I am no longer sick
    • It is nice out and I am going for a walk during lunch (to Sephora :P)
  • Options
    "BUT she sits directly behind me and her nails click-clack on the keyboard SO LOUD and it drives me up the wall."

My coworker does this too. She bangs so loud on the keyboard. I'm like dude you don't need to freaking hammer the keys. It was really bad right after her wedding when she had fake nails. I thought I was going to lose it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

That seems odd- I got my preapproval from 2 different lenders within 2 hours.

We're going to look at a house tonight that I'm DYING to see. But it's listed at 15k over our budget so I'm really worried that we're going to fall in love and not be able to get them low enough. I didn't even want to go tour it until they dropped price but my dad talked me into it saying "You have no idea where they would settle!" Soooo we'll see!!!!!! come on 5:45!!!!

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

We're going to look at a house tonight that I'm DYING to see. But it's listed at 15k over our budget so I'm really worried that we're going to fall in love and not be able to get them low enough. I didn't even want to go tour it until they dropped price but my dad talked me into it saying "You have no idea where they would settle!" Soooo we'll see!!!!!! come on 5:45!!!!

Literally RIGHT after I posted this, one of the lenders emailed me back, so yay!

And, AH! Good luck tonight! Maybe it's been on the market long enough that they'll come down on it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    khugs15 said:

jenna8984 said:

Literally RIGHT after I posted this, one of the lenders emailed me back, so yay!

And, AH! Good luck tonight! Maybe it's been on the market long enough that they'll come down on it!

Woohoo!! Get out there looking!

It's only been on market for a month and it has 8 acres, so it's impossible to find a comp because every other house that's similar has 1 acre or less. So it's hard to gauge how much more the land is worth....but hopefully they can come down a little because I'm so in love with the pictures!!

• Options

The Bad Stuff:

- My boyfriend is on travel for work and won't be back until next Sunday and because I'm a horribly clingy girlfriend I miss him tons :-( (Though in all seriousness I like to think I'm a "strong independent woman who don't need no man" and so I've been working out and doing tons of crafts.)

- My brandnew sewing machine is awesome . . . until it does this weird jamming thing. I already broke a needle. I'm making a bag to hold bf's wii u and I am using a canvas material and I don't think the machine can handle the material.

- My neighbors upstairs stayed up really late. I was finally able to fall asleep around I think 12:30. I woke up at 4 AM to them pounding around upstairs. I was grumpy when I got out of bed.

The good stuff:

- I didn't want to go to work because of lack of sleep but I got my sorry butt out of bed and to work early so now I can leave early :-)

- It is BEE-YOU-TEE-FUULLLL outside! I'm going to go for a run with my pup and then try and tackle my sewing project again.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    The Bad:

- We are driving 7 hours to our hometown this weekend to go suit shopping for the wedding. FI has been looking forward to it because his BM was flying in and they havent seen each other in 1.5 years. BM called yesterday and said he couldnt come. He's been given a promotion but it means he has to to work this weekend. FI is so sad. I feel bad for him

- I get massive headaches of doom during my time of the month. And I'm having a hard time getting through the work day.

The good news:

- It's gorgeous out and I am going to go for a walk at lunch
    -I get to see my nephew this weekend. He's just a baby and I havent seen him since christmas so I am expecting a lot of snuggles and coo-ing.
    -My amazing brother called me up and offered to step up to the plate and organize a boys night out for FI this weekend since he heard that BM wasn't going to make it.
  • Options
    Oh good, I'm feeling bitchy as hell today.  I needed a bitch thread.

The bad:
    • We drove all the way down to DC this weekend because the jeweler where Fi custom-ordered my e ring told us they had the matching wedding band in stock and we really needed to go down in person to see the options, size it, etc.  So we showed up and the band was the wrong width, so now they need to special order it.  AND my e ring will not fit flush with the band, even though Fi specifically asked for that when he custom ordered it from them.  Now we have to ship the band, which will still not be flush.  They just emailed me today asking about the carat weight of my center stone, and can't give me a price quote yet because the factory won't get back to them until the end of the week.... I'm really concerned we will not have it in time.
    • Our calligrapher made several mistakes in our envelopes but I had already paid her and now we don't have time to mail blank envelopes back and forth.  So some people are not getting pretty calligraphy and I had to hand-write several envelope sets at midnight last night.
    • A bunch of my local friends can't come to my shower.  I know it's not mandatory but it makes me sad.
    • Fi is dragging his feet on getting a passport for no discernible reason.
    • I am broken out.  I never break out, ever.  I don't even know what to do with this.
    • Kleinfeld misspelled my street name when they shipped me my dress and for a hot second today I thought it was lost.  Commence panic.
    • My mom was rude to me on the phone and hurt my feelers.
    The good:
    • The invitations went in the mail today, finally.
    • My dress did in fact arrive at the apartment!
    • I am eating potato, leek, and asparagus soup for lunch and it is really tasty.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

that's true. it's always worth trying; we got our house for $8,000 less than they listed it at.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh oh! I have the bitches too!

1) My co-worker told me my boss is furious with me over something HE did, and now I can't talk to him about it until the day before I leave for holidays for our wedding, 2 weeks from now.

2) FI's uncle died yesterday and his boss refuses to give him the time off for the funeral unless he can prove by death certificate or obituary that he is related to his uncle. Death certificates don't list all your relatives, and FI has like 30 cousins so I highly doubt the obituary will list them all by name.

3) Our venue pissed me off because a venue minimum and stupid shit that wasn't in our contract and I really don't want to argue with them about it.
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:

I currently live with my parents (saving to move out) and they are trying to run my life. My mom is trying to act like my doctor and do armchair diagnoses, and she has no medical qualifications whatsoever, but she's totally dismissive of my feelings. I also had to call out my doctor's office on a HIPAA violation (they discussed certain things about me with my mother because he's her and my dad's doctor too. Yes, I am contemplating switching doctors over it.). And it's tax season and I feel burned out.

That's a massive lawsuit, if you want it to be. That's hideously unacceptable. I used to go to an allergist that was close friend's with a then-boyfriend's dad (I didn't know when I started going to his practice) and I came up over dinner one night. His mother told me that I was allergic to mold rather than my allergist. We were in the process of breaking up (split but I was still moving out) so it was even more offensive. I went to the free legal clinic at my then-employer and got very close to taking action.

DH is too busy between work and school and has some back pain lately. It makes bedtime frustrating and me bitchy.

Also, everyone is pissing me off this week.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm annoyed because the last couple weeks have been ridiculous. I had an A&P test on Thursday, an assignment due yesterday, and tomorrow I have a test and a presentation. I'm also trying really hard to finish my part of a group project since everyone's kind of waiting on me.

BUT I'll feel much better when tomorrow is over, and that will be nice. I sort of always feel like "if I can just get through this week" but I think it's really true this time. 
  • Options
    @khugs15 fuck! We are absolutely in love with the house. Its 15k over budget so I really don't know if they will come down enough. We can prob go up 5 but that's it. Eeeeek so nervous!

• Options
    I actually don't have a lot to bitch about. I got to leave work two whole minutes early, I didn't wake up tired this morning, and it's cool-but-not-cold so I get to have the windows open.

Oh! Something annoying - FI was called off this morning. If he's called off on Tuesday, it usually means he's going to work on Sunday. Usually, it's just a minor deal because I lose a weekend day with him, but this particular weekend we were planning to go to his hometown and meet with the officiant. So I'm stressing over that again.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I drove 45 mins into the city today for the first class of my French lessons, paid for parking and found the classroom... Only to see a sign on the door cancelling the lesson. After another 45 mins back home I was not impressed.

But... There's a street in our neighbourhood that we've been keeping an eye on and one of the houses just went up for sale. We have an appointment tomorrow to go take a look. We weren't planning on moving for a couple more years but if it's our dream house then we don't want to miss the opportunity.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards