Wedding Invitations & Paper

XP: Has anybody tried to run shimmer envelopes through a printer?

We used the white shimmer envelopes from Wedding Paper Divas and I'd like to print our address directly on the RSVP envelopes.  I'm just a little concerned that the printer ink might smudge on the pearlescent paper.  Has anybody tried this or does anybody have tips to avoid printer ink smudges?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: XP: Has anybody tried to run shimmer envelopes through a printer?

• The problem is that the pearl finish prevents the ink from sinking into the paper.  Instead, it sits on top of the finish until it dries.  If it gets wet during the delivery process, it may run and become illegible.

This is the one instance where I would recommend labels!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:

The problem is that the pearl finish prevents the ink from sinking into the paper.  Instead, it sits on top of the finish until it dries.  If it gets wet during the delivery process, it may run and become illegible.

This is the one instance where I would recommend labels!

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Okay, who hacked CMGragain's account?

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015

Okay, who hacked CMGragain's account?

LOL!  The real problem is using that pearl finished paper.  I experimented with it when we were planning daughters wedding.  Hand addressing won't work because the ink smears.   Ink jet printers are also impractical because the ink smears.  What else can you do?  My best advice is don't buy those pearl finished envelopes in the first place!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • edited March 2015

JCBride 2015- My daughter used moss green pearlized envelopes for her wedding. I just looked at my keepsake invitation. It was hand addressed in some type of fine line callingraphy marker that didn't run or smudge. I'll ask her what she used.

TBH, I don't see any difference between running the envelopes through a printer or using address labels, except one seems to be much less stressful than the other.

*EDIT* She didn't use markers. She used a real calligraphy pen that you fill. Yikes! I wouldn't trust myself with that.

• Bwahhh hahahaha.  Clear address labels it is, then.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I've been thinking about this all night.  Take the envelopes to an office supply store or a printing company.  Ask them if they can print the envelopes so that they won't smear.  I really hate labels on nice invitations.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • One other idea - there are special pens for writing on photos.  One of these might work on a slick pearl finished paper, and you could properly address your wedding invitations by hand.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • We had shimmer envelopes for our STDs.  We used regular pen to address the envelopes and no problems.  Not as fancy as the pretty marker pens and more time consuming than printing or labels, but it worked.
  • Just feel like I should clarify-- we had the outer and inner envelopes for the actual invitations done by a professional calligrapher.  So this is just the RSVP envelopes.  I will experiment this week with printing and stamping.  I really don't want to have to hand write my own address 89 times.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Just feel like I should clarify-- we had the outer and inner envelopes for the actual invitations done by a professional calligrapher.  So this is just the RSVP envelopes.  I will experiment this week with printing and stamping.  I really don't want to have to hand write my own address 89 times.

If all else fails, I think it's fine to use a clear label for this!
  • Is anybody still waiting with bated breath to hear how this worked out? :)

I tried running it through the printer but the envelope was too small.  I also called around to some Kinko's type places and they all said it was too small for their printers, too.

So I am doing clear labels.  I think the wedding gods will overlook this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Your situation illustrates that sometimes new styles aren't the best idea.  Plain white envelopes might not have been a problem.
    I give you a pass on the labels.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • MagicInk said:

CMGragain said:

Your situation illustrates that sometimes new styles aren't the best idea.  Plain white envelopes might not have been a problem.
    I give you a pass on the labels.

Praise the LORD! 

The wedding God has SPOKEN!!

JC's sins of LABELS for return addresses are FORGIVEN! HALLELUJAH!
  • We did silver shimmer from WPD for our STD's and despite having a very fancy and expensive printer it smeared a bit once the USPS got a hold of it.
    For our invites we bought and embosser for the return addresses and it was awesome and just about the same cost as the sticker labels and we can use it for Thank You's and any other mail we send.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards