New York-New York City

Need help on selecting a wedding venue!!

Hi,
I'm planning on having my wedding around the spring/summer. My guests will be between 80-100 guests. My budget limits me to about $100pp or just a little bit more than that. I'm looking for a venue (anywhere in the 5 boroughs or even NJ) that is classy, elegant, nice grounds for pictures, great views that I can afford?
Does anyone ahve any suggestions?

Thanks so much!!

Re: Need help on selecting a wedding venue!!

• lcsa99lcsa99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Not sure if this would fit all of your criteria since we are making our wedding very casual but we are having a wedding (with about that many guests, maybe less) on the boat Festiva that we booked through www.smoothsailingcelebrations.com/" target="_blank" title="Smooth Sailing Celebrations" class="whiteLine">Smooth Sailing Celebrations for about that much.

The price includes all the food, a DJ, and a place for the ceremony and reception and you certainly can't beat the view.

You can contact them and see what they recommend. Not all the packages include everything like ours did but Camille was wonderful to work with and really worked hard to find something that would work in our budget.

June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Shoes! imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hey!

Not sure if Suffolk LI would interest you? The Vanderbilt Mansion/Dowling is just amazing. I have seen a ton and it's my fave!

Good luck in your search!
    You got the ring. You have the man. Life is good. Now what? Document it. The crazy, the fun, and the happy moments that make up your lives. Check out my work, or give me a call and well gossip about all of your fun details for the "BIG" day! Thanks so much for considering, Stacey www.showandtellphotography.com www.showandtellphotography.blogspot.com
  • edited December 2011

Here are some recent photos from the venue that I mentioned.

www.showandtellphotography.blogspot.com

Everyone was in awe over the place. They had large french doors that surrounded the dance floor on all sides that were opened to a lake and a court yard.

Amazing!

You got the ring. You have the man. Life is good. Now what? Document it. The crazy, the fun, and the happy moments that make up your lives. Check out my work, or give me a call and well gossip about all of your fun details for the "BIG" day! Thanks so much for considering, Stacey www.showandtellphotography.com www.showandtellphotography.blogspot.com
  • raquelb123raquelb123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A place that we wanted to get married at but was the wrong season (we are getting married in Feb), is Grounds for Sculpture in Hamilton, NJ. It is such a beautiful place with super cool art and sculpture everywhere. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards