Wedding Etiquette Forum

Fbil's girlfriend and bridal shower

Ok hopefully I am not completely wrong but just to be safe.

My moh asked for a list for my bridal shower, simple enough. After some thought I didn't add my fbil's girlfriend for a variety of reasons. One mainly being it is out of state for her and fbil will be on bachlor party which falls on the same weekend. Is this a huge rude blunder on my part.

Side note- I have only met her twice and have never spoken more then ten words to her.

Re: Fbil's girlfriend and bridal shower

• You don't have to invite her to your shower.  Your shower should only consist of your nearest and dearest friends and family, not every woman invited to your wedding.

• You don't have to invite her to your shower.  Your shower should only consist of your nearest and dearest friends and family, not every woman invited to your wedding.

This. You don't have to invite every woman.

• Ok good I'm sure fmil will ask why she was not included and I just wanted to make sure it was not mandatory.
  • Yeah, if you aren't close with her, don't worry about it.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Inviting someone out of state-- and especially someone you're not close to at all-- seems gift-grabby to me and isn't cool. 

Not inviting a woman you don't know very well, regardless of how you're connected to her, is totally fine. 
  • If you're not close to her, then don't invite her.

If your FMIL asks why, you can either say "It wasn't possible to invite every female guest at our wedding" or just bean dip. It's none if her business.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards