Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

"I do" vs "I, nicemarmot, take you..."

Question for those who have already married in Vegas (or in the US for that matter).
My other half has a bit of a stammer which he hides very well. One of the words he has trouble pronouncing though, is his first name. He is very keen on having a wedding where he only has to say "I do" as opposed to the longer version where you repeat the vows after the officiant and have to say your name in the process.
Do you guys know if that's an option at all? This is my second wedding and when I got married before in the UK I had do do the "I, nicemarmot, take you, etc etc".

Re: "I do" vs "I, nicemarmot, take you..."

• Options
    The benefit of Vegas is ANYTHING is possible :) Just talk with the officiant about this and it shouldn't be a problem at all. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you @hmgiffor, I was hoping that would be the case :-)
  • Options
    In Vegas you can get married under water or while sky diving; speaking anything at all is not even a requirement. :-)

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    I love the idea of "I do" instead of the "repeat after me!"
  • Options
    Hey good point. If you can get married under water then surely talking is not essential :-)

• Options
    Most counties require the "I do", as it fulfills the Declaration of Intent. 

The vows ("repeat after me") are usually optional.

Your officiant will let you know for sure, as they should be well-versed in the county laws.
  • Options
    You can make your vows whatever you want. We told our officiant, Rev. Roland, that we didn't want the very traditional repeat after me vows... so he made ours very short and sweet, I honestly don't even remember what was said, and guess what? We are still married!! You make it what you want! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards