New Jersey
Options

Photographer Anxiety!

Hi everyone,

I am currently looking for my wedding photographer and it's giving me a lot of anxiety for some reason! I just feel like it's overwhelming with how many photographers there are in the NJ area. I have looked at so many sites and received a lot of quotes. For me, I am really trying to find a personality that I click with. I loved one photographer's photos, but after meeting with her, I realized her personality wasn't right for what I needed. I want someone who will be calm and non-intrusive on the day.

We have found a photographer that we clicked with although his prices are on the higher end of our budget so I am now having doubts as I look at other sites. There are photographers who also have beautiful photos and their packages are slightly cheaper/you get more included. We haven't signed a contract with him yet, but I would feel bad backing out.

Anyone else experiencing this or have any advice for finding the right photographer?

Re: Photographer Anxiety!

• Options
    amt6amt6 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper

Just in case you needed one more option, I highly recommend The Markows Photography. They are a super calm husband and wife team. I was VERY anxious about choosing a photographer and they calmed me down and assured they knew what they were doing and I don't have to worry about a thing. We booked them in July 2014 for our September 2015 wedding and so far have been awesome! They are my go-to vendor for day-of advice and they don't seem to mind one bit. Highly recommend!

• Options
    I'm having the same problems. I'm having a lot of second, third and fourth thoughts on every photographer and cannot make up my mind. It's just such an important part of the wedding and I'm so nervous I'm going to choose the wrong photographer. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestion! I love the idea of a husband and wife team :) I think I'm going to keep looking before 100% committing to the photographer I'm talking with. It's a big investment and a big part of the day so I want to be sure about it. I'm not sure why this is stressing me out so much. I felt really confident after booking my venue and didn't second guess it all. I think I'm just really hoping to find a personality that I connect with since he or she is going to be around us for the whole day!
  • Options
    I'm having the same problem right now. I know photo's are a big thing to some ppl as I do want nice pictures of our wedding but FH and I are the biggest on taking pictures to begin with. I just want to find a photographer who has good pictures who doesn't charge 3000 dollars. It's insane what some of these ppl charge.
  • Options
    If it helps, I'll suggest my photographer, Louis Schroder of Schroderphotography.com . We met with him and felt very comfortable and love his pictures and the price was right also. Give him a try and tell him I sent you!
  • Options

If it helps, I'll suggest my photographer, Louis Schroder of Schroderphotography.com . We met with him and felt very comfortable and love his pictures and the price was right also. Give him a try and tell him I sent you!

I doubt the photographer is going to know who Knottie1425749779 is!  Thanks for the chuckle.

PS - And please don't post your real name!  Though you may consider changing your user name to something less generic than the KnottieNumbers so we can recognize you in future posts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards