Pre-wedding Parties
Options

bridal shower gifts

edited April 2015 in Pre-wedding Parties
My daughter's bridal shower is in 3 weeks.  Many people have beens sending gifts for the shower to our house.  Some people are coming and some are not.  Do I bring all the the gifts to the shower.  One guest is coming to the shower and the gift did not arrive wrapped.  Do I wrap it? 

Re: bridal shower gifts

• Options
    I wouldn't bother bringing them.  I often ship gifts ahead of time to make it easier on the bride or mom-to-be, so they don't have to lug them back home.  And I would think it was a little strange if someone brought it to the shower then.  

But I would definitely suggest that your daughter send thank-you cards for those gifts right away now, so the senders know they arrived. 
  • Options

My daughter's bridal shower is in 3 weeks.  Many people have beens sending gifts for the shower to our house.  Some people are coming and some are not.  Do I bring all the the gifts to the shower.  One guest is coming to the shower and the gift did not arrive wrapped.  Do I wrap it? 

I say it depends.  Why are the gifts coming to your house?  Is it because yours was the address listed on her registry?  Or is it because you are hosting the bridal shower?  If your address was the one listed on the registry, then no, I don't think you need to bring the gifts to the shower.  But if they're sending them to you because you're the shower host, then I think the point is the bring them to the shower.  But then, it also depends on how many and how big the gifts are as to whether or not I'd bother bring them to the shower.  And if your daughter can write the TY notes now and the guests can get them before the shower even happens, they also don't need to be taken to the shower.  The guest already knows they've been received, are appreciated, and get on with their lives.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards