Chit Chat
Options

Sunday funday!

Just went to a bridal shower for my soon-to-be sis!  I had so much fun, and there were absolutely no bridal shower games. It was fabulous.  The food was delicious.  Everything was expertly hosted. It was so refreshing to go to a shower that wasn't a trainwreck in etiquette. 
  This month has been a clusterfuck on facebook.  From people hosting their own showers, facebook invites, the mom to be saying where she is registered, and telling people to go in on bigger more expensive gifts because babies cost money. Yuck. (It reminded me why I don't talk to half of my family).    My FSIL's shower reminded me that people still know how to host an occasion properly, and etiquette isn't obsolete. How was your Sunday?

Re: Sunday funday!

• Options
    Fi left for Nassau for work so the next 3 days I will be in sweatpants and a bra, eating tofu stir fry and watching chick flicks. 

imageimage

• Options
    FI left earlier than normal for his weekly trip, so after dropping him off I took myself clothes shopping.... I started a job in December that doesn't allow jeans and casual wear, so now that it's warming up, I needed some spring wear.  Now at home I'm catching up on my episodes of Call The Midwife.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options

This weeks episode of Game of throes airs in a few hours.  That's all I'm super excited about.  But this week has been slammed with studying.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    So jealous @dolewhipper! I love a good alone time. I listen to lots of Taylor Swift and watch the shows FI hates haha.

I hosted a baby shower for my SIL and it was so fun! It was yellow and gray theme. My favorite thing was these cute cupcake toppers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    littlepep It's the first time since the wedding, so it's good to be able to "miss him" a bit. 

THOSE ELEPHANTS *swoon* I love them!

imageimage

• Options
    Sounds like an awesome day! I was super productive today - did my taxes, cleaned, grocery shopped and SO and I (well mostly him ;) ) finally put curtains up!

Now we're watching the playoffs, so pretty successful day. Now if only we had HBO so we would watch Game of Thrones after!

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    I stupidly went to the mall today to find a formal dress for a wedding. It was crawling with teenage girls looking for prom dresses. I felt ridiculously old, not just because I *am* older than them, but because so many of the dresses I saw were... not what I would have worn at that age. Stomach cut-outs, slits all the way up the thighs, backs cut down to the butts, necklines down to the belly button... ALL AT ONCE!

Man, I really am turning into a grumpy old lady...
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Ughh, I just took my niece prom dress shopping the other day, and tried to find a dress for myself.  I left there after she found her dress saying Nope, Nope, Nope.
  • Options
    Had my bridal shower today and it was nice. The hosts had an awesome food and drink display, it was so pretty (she got to use all her servingwear gifts from her wedding last year). No games, just food, chit chat and presents.
  • Options

I stupidly went to the mall today to find a formal dress for a wedding. It was crawling with teenage girls looking for prom dresses. I felt ridiculously old, not just because I *am* older than them, but because so many of the dresses I saw were... not what I would have worn at that age. Stomach cut-outs, slits all the way up the thighs, backs cut down to the butts, necklines down to the belly button... ALL AT ONCE!

I tried to go into a Forever 21 recently and everything was crop tops and slits and I was like I do not belong here. Idk maybe I'm too modest, but I can't talk myself into that stuff. I'll stick to my "old lady" cardigans!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    littlepep said:

I tried to go into a Forever 21 recently and everything was crop tops and slits and I was like I do not belong here. Idk maybe I'm too modest, but I can't talk myself into that stuff. I'll stick to my "old lady" cardigans!
    Girl yes! When I walk in there it's like

Today has been hectic. Ran a bunch of errands after church, then looked at my wedding dress again. In addition to not fitting like it should there is a GIANT HOLE IN THE SIDE. Ugh. I had a complete meltdown which turned into a migraine with nausea. An acquaintance from church who designs wedding dresses heard, and she came over just now and looked at it and promised that she could fix it for me. Now I'm going to relax and have a glass of wine or five.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    blabla89 said:

littlepep said:

Girl yes! When I walk in there it's like

Today has been hectic. Ran a bunch of errands after church, then looked at my wedding dress again. In addition to not fitting like it should there is a GIANT HOLE IN THE SIDE. Ugh. I had a complete meltdown which turned into a migraine with nausea. An acquaintance from church who designs wedding dresses heard, and she came over just now and looked at it and promised that she could fix it for me. Now I'm going to relax and have a glass of wine or five.
    That is great that you know someone who can fix it, but that has to be stressful.  Let's have a glass of wine or five together :)

• Options
    I don't consider myself to be ridiculously modest in my clothing choices, but holy crap, can we pick short, tight, low backed, high slit, OR low cut? I just can't handle doing all of it at once, at least not for a formal occasion. Maybe for going to the club, but not so much anywhere else. I'm starting to sound like my mother!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I mean I'm 21 and I think those prom dresses sound crazy! I just spent about an hour picking places to stop on our roadtrip. V and I are driving to Alaska! We are driving from VA, so if anyone has suggestions I'll be happy to hear them. Other than that I worked on chool stuff.
  • Options
    I can't stand how stores like The Banana Republic are selling cropped shirts. Aren't they supposed to sell clothes that are work appropriate?
  • Options
    I'm writing a paper and I hate it. I don't mind papers when the assignment is like: here's a topic, now write 6 pages about it. Cool, piece of cake. When they have a bunch of specific questions to address and outcomes to meet, though, I get hateful. So restrictive and boring and Idonwanna. 

• Options

I mean I'm 21 and I think those prom dresses sound crazy! I just spent about an hour picking places to stop on our roadtrip. V and I are driving to Alaska! We are driving from VA, so if anyone has suggestions I'll be happy to hear them. Other than that I worked on chool stuff.

If you are headed through Utah, canyon lands national park. If you are going through Colorado, then I would suggest Glenwood springs, and soak on the geothermal pool
  • Options
    I ate lunch on a patio today!!!! Like, actually outside!!! It was amazing

• Options

If you are headed through Utah, canyon lands national park. If you are going through Colorado, then I would suggest Glenwood springs, and soak on the geothermal pool
    Those sound awesome! Unfortuantly, according to mapquest and other websites that would add more time to our journey. We are trying to do it in two weeks. So far we think we are going to actually stop and look at things every three days. We are going through the Great Lakes region of states. We are driving to Fairbanks since that's where V's grad school is.
  • Options
    Soooo my sister decided to make chicken Alfredo and have a little bit of a dinner party. She used our kitchen, which is fine - it's my parents' house, she's allowed. I offered to make homemade breadsticks, and my other sister made a cake.

Apparently there was some miscommunication between her and the friend she invited. The friend thought food would be ready at three-thirty. My sister didn't get here until three-twenty, and she'd asked FI and I to get her supplies (which she paid for, we just know what to get for Alfredo and she didn't want to shop), and the breadsticks still had to proof for over an hour. We ate at seven thirty. Friend was understandably pissed, and my sister is pissed that the friend was noticeably pissed, because sis says she told friend she wouldn't even be here till after three.

It was good though, and now all I wanna do is sleep. I ate waaaaaay too much.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Blergbot said:

Some friends who just had a baby brought her over to meet Will, then we went over to our weekly Game of Thrones viewing. Also, this adorableness happened: image

This pic made me giggle. What a cutie
  • Options
    sarahufl said:

littlepep said:

FWIW, Forever 21 has great accessories. 

I wear them with my old lady cardigans. 
    I've actually found some REALLY cute things there of late. I got this gorgeous orange maxi that I think I'm going to wear to a wedding event with FI's family in a few weeks. In general the store is hit or miss though. And I shop online ha. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards