Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Your Thoughts / I Wanna Grow Old with You.

We are pretty much a happy go lucky couple who loves to laugh.  So I thought Adam Sandler's "I Wanna Grow Old With You"  would be a lovely song for me to walk down the aisle to. Your thoughts? Is it cute? Too Childish??

Re: Your Thoughts / I Wanna Grow Old with You.

• Options
    If you want to use that, then you can.  Just remember that not much of it will be played.  Your walk down the aisle, depending on the length, may be max 30 seconds.  Personally, I would use this as your first dance song then your walk down the aisle song.

• Options
    I love that song! I do agree with Maggie though, you won't get to hear much of it. Maybe use it as a first dance song, or even during the cake cutting (that's actually what we're doing!)
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Sounds fun. I say go for it. 
  • Options
    My sister used ths as their wedding song it was adorable and everyone loved it!
  • Options
    We considered it for the processional, but ours was very short. We used it for our cake cutting instead.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options

That song is super cute (and my BIL proposed to my sister by singing it :) ).  I agree with everyone who says that your walk down the aisle won't be long enough to hear enough of the song, so would you consider having everyone walking down the aisle to it?  For our processional, our parents and BMs AND me all walked down to the same song, so we got to hear the whole thing.

If not, I agree with recessional or cake cutting or first dance.  It would be a fun first dance song.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Options
    You could play it as a spotlight dance song.

I would not play it during your cake cutting, but only because I don't believe cake cuttings need songs. Sometimes it seems to me that there are too many "special songs" played at weddings that aren't necessary.
  • Options
    Jen4948 said:

You could play it as a spotlight dance song.

I would not play it during your cake cutting, but only because I don't believe cake cuttings need songs. Sometimes it seems to me that there are too many "special songs" played at weddings that aren't necessary.

This.  And again, cutting the cake is not going to take long.  It will take maybe 30 seconds.  Hold the knife, smile for the camera, slice into cake, grab a piece of the cake and feed it to each other.

• Options
    We are having that played as our "last dance" song at our wedding, I personally dont think it would really work for walking down the aisle cause of how short the walk down the aisle is.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards