Wedding Woes
Options

Randoms

HeffalumpHeffalump member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited April 2015 in Wedding Woes
Picture day is coming for Wooz's soccer team, and we got our order forms.  Jeebus, are their photos tacky and ugly.  They have the name of the sport in hideous, big letters (remember WordArt in MS Word?  Like that.), cheesy graphics, they're just way too busy, and bad overall.  I want her individual picture and team photo, but without their junky "embellishments."  Bad photography makes me sad.

Also, I got to Target at lunch today and wondered where all the Lilly Pulitzer stuff was.  Then I saw online that it sold out in minutes.  Meh, I didn't want it that badly, I guess.

Your turn. 

Re: Randoms

• Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited April 2015
    I get to do science w/ 5th graders tomorrow--YAY.

I'm covering in another area today and I'd rather like to fire all of that guy's student workers. But I don't think I"m allowed to do that when they work for me one day.

I drew bunny pictures for the optical illusion/persistence of vision activity tomorrow...my artwork could use a little help.

And this is Buffy's picture of 'the little mermaid' from recent school project.
    Please note Ariel's nipples.  Or maybe they're seashells, but I"m giong with nipples:image

• Options
    Mine:

1. Why don't women talk about hormones more? Stuff starts happening in the 40's yo. I have too much, my sister has too little, my aunt has zero and can't sleep.

Who knew? I'm all about researching estrogen and progesterone levels at the moment. Last month it was all about a new bed. My google history is all over the place.

2. My BIL set me up with one of his coworkers. Sweet of him. We went out this weekend. He's a nice guy, so we shall see. I went older last time, and this one is 6 years younger. Y'all, know I'm open.

• Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2015
    Re: Lily Pulitzer...There was a momofarking seahorse necklace, a la Bloodline, in the collection.  I thought of you, Heffa.  And I kind of wanted it. 

I thought about going to Target yesterday and then read about it all being snatched up by ebay people.  That's the double edge sword of these Target capsule collections. Some go really crappy and are on clearance for-ev-er and others are gone w/in 2 min. 

I've got a bunch of after-work stuff coming up in the next week or so.  It's fun stuff, but DH's unpredictable schedule (and the fact that it can be hard to reach him) makes it hard for me to want to do it.  I'm hoping that it's not too much of a gap that the kiddo can fill in, but he's only good for about an hour or so with DefConn.  

I noticed the kiddo has hair growing in his armpits this weekend.  It made me want to laugh and cry at the same time. 

My boss, while very bro-ish, is probably one of the best ones I've had.  He's definitely a great advocate for us.  I feel like my last boss would err too far on the company's side sometimes. 

I have to do a global anti-corruption training for my last hour.  BLAHHHHH!!! 

Also, our VPN is super slow today and it made watching HBO Now terrible AND I can't even get on Hulu to watch Revenge and Secrets and Lies.  The most first of FWP, I know.  ;)
  • Options
    My department got a new administrator about 6 months ago.  She is awesome!  Knows everyone by name, listens well, made a big effort to know what the current processes are and how they might be improved, and asked each work area for a "wish list" that would make our work more efficient.  My team received 2 of 3 things on the list. Morale in the whole department has been much better since she arrived.  So this morning we got an email that she is moving up to VP in the next month.  Boo!  She will be great in that role but who knows who we'll get next.
  • Options

Re: Lily Pulitzer...There was a momofarking seahorse necklace, a la Bloodline, in the collection.  I thought of you, Heffa.  And I kind of wanted it. 

---------------------
    Stay away from the seahorse necklace, conn; it's nothing but trouble.
  • Options
  • Options
    More than likely, if there's something you guys really want, PM me.  Last time Hooka had me grabbing things for her at my local Target that were still available.

• Options
    MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2015

<moved to Confessions>

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards