Wedding Reception Forum

Placecards

Hi all --

Hitting the final 4 days!  (Yay!)  I had this awesome idea of plum purple placecards with this jazzy silver tape on the side for some pazzazz.  I started handwriting the names with a silver sharpee but FI thinks handwriting it is cheesy and doesn't look as elegant as if you'd print it.

Is there an alternative and still have the same pazzazz (particularly with having silver names?)  I wanted it to go with the décor--- and I also finished putting tape on all of the place cards and hate for them to go to waste to use just some plain ones (nothing against, them, but I would like to use what I already made).

Any ideas welcome!

Re: Placecards

• I think your FI is over thinking this.  Is your handwriting neat and legible?  Then just hand write them.  Trust me that none of your guests will think "Well these would have been more elegant if a computer printed them.  The entire is wedding is now ruined!"  Instead, they will find their place card, take their seat and probably never look at the thing again.

• Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015
    Plus, you are 4 days out.  At this point I would get them done the easiest way possible and focus on the fact that you are getting married this Saturday!!

• Agree with Maggie. I'd continue to hand write them. 
  • I hand wrote mine and no one complained :)  Just keep going with what you're doing...they just get thrown away anyway.  
  • You ladies are fantastic!  Thank you!!  I shall proceed!  :)
  • I didn't think handwritten place cards would look as nice, but as long as you have pretty decent handwriting.. it looks just as nice! I hand wrote all of ours in my very "elementary school teacher handwriting" and once we had them all set out I thought it looked just fine! Wasn't missing the print at all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think it's more impressive when people actually take the time to hand-write everything out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards