Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

How to find a makeup artist last minute

I'm getting married in June and have been looking all over, along with my sister, for a makeup artist. So many people are booked, obviously, because the wedding isn't that far away. We're also running into the problem of places requiring a minimum of five people to have their makeup done, but my wedding party is smaller than that. Does anyone know of any places in the Boston area that may still have availability? Or any helpful suggestions for if I can't find a makeup artist?

Re: How to find a makeup artist last minute

• Options
    You should post this on the local Boston board, this is an international board.
  • Options
    I didn't realize. Thanks so much!
  • Options
    Would you consider going to a MAC or Sephora to get your makeup done? It's good for more last minute occasions and I've received beautiful work there.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Do you have a "reputable"  beauty school near you? They usually offer makeup trials and they don't book far ahead because some of them are just about to graduate. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'm in the same boat and am starting to panic. I'm having a beach/destination wedding, and there isn't much close by (like a Sephora, etc). However, I did find an Ulta which is 30 minutes away. Is there one near you that has a salon? I'm also debating if I should book a trial for the day before.

Good luck! I know I've had a few sleepless nights over this issue and whether I should just DIY my hair and makeup.

• Options
    I considered doing my own makeup, but I don't think I would end up liking it too much. My sister ended up finding someone who was willing to travel for the trial and for the wedding day. At least I don't have to panic over that anymore! 

Hopefully you are able to find something as well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards