Budget Weddings Forum

Guest List

Re: Guest List

• For those of you who already had your wedding or have all your RSVPs, how many people did you invite and how many actually showed up? We have a limit of 200 people but of course we invited much more. We have already cut out some people but a lot of them are dear friends and family. I just wondered how many usually show up. I've heard 70% but I wasn't sure.

You have a limit of 200 but you invited more than 200? Well that wasn't very smart. Why would you invite more people than you can seat and feed? And I got 85% response to come to the wedding. Many of the brides on here get 80+% RSVP yes to attend.

• I kind of want to know how much you over invited.

• Did you actually send out invitations, or are you just thinking about doing this? If you haven't already done it, DON'T!!! 

You can find a bunch of threads where people did this and a week before the wedding they are scrambling to come up with the money and space because they exceeded their limit. They're cutting favors, returning stuff, canceling honeymoon stuff, dipping into savings, maxing out credit cards, etc. Not a pretty picture.

We had a wedding that was OOT for the vast majority of guests (including us) with people coming from all over the country and we had WAY higher than 70% attendance. Always plan for 100% - there are people who get it (or very close to it).
    *********************************************************************************

• Why would you over invite? Every wedding I've been to has had 90-100% show-up.

Thanks for the Bat Signal :)
  • Damn, OP is just deleting shit left and right around here, isn't she?
  • DD-ing is the internet equivalent of a child putting their hands over their ears going "lalalala I can't hear you!" when they get advice they don't like. Grow up OP and realize you made a mistake.

Formerly martha1818

• How much do we want to bet that OP asked someone to be a guest book attendant?

OP, why would you ask this question after sending invites? At that point, it doesn't matter what the answer is. Your RSVPs "yes" are what they are, because you can't rescind invites, and if they're higher than 200 you are SOL.

• I don't even want to know how many were on our original invite list because 1) we could afford to have everyone we wanted there, and 2) We had the expandable space to accommodate. 

Agree with the others - plan on 100% attendance to anyone getting a STD or Invite!!!  Everyone will forever give you the side-eye when you have to call and make the "we booked a space for 200 but invited 450 and have to uninvite some people because 400 RSVP'd they'd attend, congrats you're one of them who can't come!"... 

• kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015

For those of you who already had your wedding or have all your RSVPs, how many people did you invite and how many actually showed up? We have a limit of 200 people but of course we invited much more. We have already cut out some people but a lot of them are dear friends and family. I just wondered how many usually show up. I've heard 70% but I wasn't sure.

SITB

Knottie42669964 this could really bite you in the butt.  My oldest DD had 96% attendance at her wedding.  What are you going to do when more than 200 say they can come?

• Damn. That was anticlimatic.
  • I'm troubled by the "of course" in your statement, as if NOT doing it would be absurd. Joke will be on you if everyone you invited RSVPs with a yes. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards