Budget Weddings Forum
Options

Napkin Rentals

Hi everyone,

I wanted to get everyone's opinion on the decor for weddings. I am having my wedding in a gorgeous hall, which provide ivory linens and white napkins to us at no cost. My problem is, I am not a huge fan of having those two colours together, but my only alternative is renting napkins which will cost $700! Because our location is a bit out of the way, shipping for rentals is crazy. What do you all think? Is it worth it to rent the napkins? I know most people will just put them on their lap and be done with it, but I am not sure what to do. 

Re: Napkin Rentals

• Options
    I'm not someone who is normally interested in napkins. I won't notice them that much.

How big is your wedding? My family entertains a lot so we buy restaurant supply tableclothes and napkins that get passed around when needed. If you buy them, they're quite reasonable. You might consider pricing rentals for the table linens instead- it might prove a bit cheaper.

I'd also consider doing an overlay on your tablecloths. If throw a thin (cheap) overlay, you might not notice the difference-- and it could be much cheaper.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I love the overlay idea. My wedding is about 210 people, so at $2.00 a napkin, plus expensive shipping and tax, it all adds up.

• Options
    The overlay is probably your cheapest option. At $2/napkin and 200 people, it seems cheaper to buy napkins than rent them. You may be able to sell them later as well. Though overlays may be the easiest option.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    You realize this is something people wipe their mouths with, right?  No one really cares what color they wipe their mouth with.
  • Options
    It's a napkin, who cares. If it were hideous looking I don't think the venue would do them that way so probably much ado about nothing. Cannot recall thr color of any napkin except I'm currently using Christmas paper napkins at home bc they were on clearance. Did u already ask the venue if they have other options or a contact for a cheaper option for buying or renting another color?
  • Options
    Forget the negative comments on here. Adding Napkins to your table is a great way to add color! And you can do super affordably! I'm buying our blush Napkins from cvlinens.com. They'll come out to $0.59/napkin. It will be less than $90 and I can fold them and get them ready to set out weeks in advance. Buying is almost always cheaper than renting. If you have people to help you the day of, you can do a lot yourself and save so much money!
  • Options
    Forget the negative comments on here. Adding Napkins to your table is a great way to add color! And you can do super affordably! I'm buying our blush Napkins from cvlinens.com. They'll come out to $0.59/napkin. It will be less than $90 and I can fold them and get them ready to set out weeks in advance. Buying is almost always cheaper than renting. If you have people to help you the day of, you can do a lot yourself and save so much money!
    Do not make your gusts 'help out'! This is incredibly rude! Hire someone to do it or do it yourselves.
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    Or some people aren't selfish b*&^%$#  and are actually happy to help you decorate your venue....

edited by a moderator

• Options
    smartyhadaparty.com has reasonable prices on buying napkins, and other websites or even local vendors would also be less than $2 per napkin. However, if it were me, I'd just use what the venue had. If you want to add another color to the table get an overlay. But honestly, no one is going to care about the napkins. 
  • Options
    We are buying all of our linens. The rental company wanted $15 to rent and smartyhadaparty.com wants $8.50 to buy! So much cheaper. We are going to either sell them or rent them out afterward. We also found a listing on Craigslist for 900 pieces of China for $225 or .25 a piece. The plate rental was .50! So much cheaper and now we have 378 dinner plates in case I decide to throw a massive dinner party.
  • Options
    I'm also ordering from smartyhadaparty.com.  They are much less than renting!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards