Wedding Reception Forum

Groom's Birthday on the Wedding Day

Hey everyone,
My groom's birthday is on our wedding day. It was actually the only weekend that worked for us and he is excited to have his bday on our wedding day. He even said its a great bday present to get me as a wife! So sweet. :)
Anyways...I want to make the day somehow special for him. I was thinking about surprising him and having something on his groom's cake that had "Happy Birthday" and candles and saying a little speech. But I wanted to see if anyone else had any other ideas or other experiences with this?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Groom's Birthday on the Wedding Day

• @climbingwife got married on H's birthday. Maybe she can weigh in.

But I think a grooms cake/ birthday cake would be nice. But I would skip the singing and extra speeches.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My friend got married on her birthday. There wasn't really any extra speeches or an extra cake though the cake sounds like a fun idea. Their officiant did say something like this day will be extra special because of it being both her birthday and their wedding day. I can't remember the exact wording but I thought it was kind of sweet the way she put it.

Also if you want to sing and do candles maybe do that at the rehearsal dinner if you are having one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would have a birthday breakfast together. The groom's cake idea is cool, but I agree with @KatWAG about skipping the birthday speech and singing.
    *********************************************************************************

• I like the groom's cake idea, but I agree that I'd do the singing and birthday speech at another occasion, because he'll look like an AW otherwise.
  • edited April 2015
    We got married on my birthday, which was also the day after my H's birthday. We planned to not make any mention of our birthdays. It was enough to just focus on the wedding. However, when my MOH gave her toast, she had asked the staff to bring out a little cake with a candle in it for us. It was really sweet. They didn't sing us thankfully - I wouldn't have liked it. 

I think a grooms cake that says happy birthday is a great idea. But skip the singing and a speech. 
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I like the idea of a groom's cake with or without the singing of happy birthday a little later in the evening. I wouldn't do a speech/toast though. (I would treat it how you would regularly treat his birthday- would you normally sing to him? Maybe. Would you give him a speech? Probably not.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards