Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Dinner Station advice needed

My fiance and I agreed from the beginning to do a sit down dinner for our wedding of 120 guest, but we're considering doing stations, and would like some input from personal experience. Our caterer offers different stations such as a pasta or mac n cheese station, carving stations for meat and fish, and a salad station. Should we order the same amount for each station? With our guest list size is doing stations recommend?

Any feedback would help,
Thank you

Re: Dinner Station advice needed

• Options
    We did stations for our wedding. Just go with your caterer's recommendations on quantities. 

And for 120 people, you'll want multiple servers at each station to keep the lines reasonable. Especially if it's "build your own" anything since each dish requires customization. This will probably cost more since you'll be paying extra staff. Make it a priority over other unnecessary stuff like favors, decor, etc. Trust me - people have a much better time if they're fed and not waiting in super long lines than if they have a "cute favor" at their chair.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    We did stations as well.  Our caterer suggested to have enough food at each station for all guests.  It is always better to have too much food then not enough.  We had people go back for seconds and some guests ate double portions at one station but nothing from another station.  We also had two servers per station since they were a "finish cooking the pasta in the sauce" or a "meat carving" or a "mix up your own salad" type of station.  So two servers helped to keep the lines down and get people their food quickly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards