Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Trunk Shows...worth it?

There is an upcoming trunk show (about a month from now) for a designer I am very interested in at a bridal salon near my house. I was not planning to shop for a bridal dress until end of July because I am losing weight from surgery and my doctor expects mid-summer to be about the time I plateau. 

So my question is: Id the trunk show worth it to move up when I go dress shopping? I would just order a size down and hope it would not be too big.

Re: Trunk Shows...worth it?

• Options
    While I did not seek out any trunk shows, 2 of the stores that I went to just-so-happened to be having a trunk show. Personally, I didn't really see the appeal, but I figure that it would all depend on the designers (neither of which was I interested in anyway). I also didn't see a huge savings, so I didn't really understand why anyone would make a point to attend the trunk show. Oh well.
  • Options
    For me it was totally worth it!  I saved 20% off my gown.  I went to Macy's bridal and when they have trunk shows every dress including BM, FG, and MOB/MOG dresses are included in the sale.  So while they did have the latest dresses available via the trunk show, I liked being able to still chose from any dress there.

If you feel like you will still lose a lot more weight, check out that designer's website.  Do they have any more local trunk shows coming up closer to July?  Also, bridal dresses are supposed to be able to be altered up to 4 sizes down and still look like itself.  

If I were you, I would still go.  If you end up between two sizes and are certain you will still lose more weight, then I would just order the next size down.
  • Options
    i know some places that do trunk shows will only show you whats at the show its because they get  cut or something out of the deal 
  • Options
    When I went to a trunk show at the shop I purchased my gown from, they showed me their own collection and what the designer brought in that weekend. My dress happened to be in that rack of dresses that the designer brought in that the shop wouldn't have had otherwise, so I'd say it's definitely worth a look.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    What @hellohkb said. Trunk shows really aren't about discounts (although, sometimes they do accompany them!! which is great!) they're more about the designers showing off their full line and giving you the opportunity to see and purchase things that wouldn't normally be able to at that store.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options

What @hellohkb said. Trunk shows really aren't about discounts (although, sometimes they do accompany them!! which is great!) they're more about the designers showing off their full line and giving you the opportunity to see and purchase things that wouldn't normally be able to at that store.

Yes! This. I only got a 10% discount but hey its better than nothing.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Trunk shows are a way to see the very latest styles before they are available in the shops.  If a bride thinks a certain dress she saw online is THE dress, this may be the only way she can see it and order it. 
    i don't think that this fits your needs, but it might be interesting to go and see the new styles.  Good luck on your weight loss!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    The first place I went dress shopping had a trunk show that I didn't know about, but it turned out to be awesome. I ended up getting a dress from that show. There was a discount for buying something from that show so the dress ended up being under my budget and I ended up with a dress style I haven't seen on anyone else. The downside can be that some of the dresses aren't being made yet. The dress I chose won't start being made until June, so thats something to consider if you have a tighter deadline. Don't want to fall in love with something you can't have! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards