Chit Chat
Options

Wedding is in three weeks

I'm starting to get anxiety and feel pressure. Everything is pretty much done (except table groupings, final bar plan and my personal vows). Anyone else have anxiety in the last few weeks leading up to the big event?

Re: Wedding is in three weeks

• Options
    Sometimes, staring at my wedding shoes helps calm me down : )

Shoes!!
  • Options
    I had stress and anxiety in the last few days, but that was caused by one of our guests.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Honestly, no. We get married in 27 days and although I had a bunch of stress about a month or so ago, I feel like I'm on the other side of it.

Of course, I have an insane travel schedule right up to the wedding so I've adopted the attitude, "If it isn't done, it isn't getting done by me" but it's somewhat tongue in cheek b/c like you, all of the important stuff is done. At the end of the day, we have each other, our license, and an officiant. Family & friends will be there & we will feed them well & provide plenty of booze. Everything else is just window dressing at this point and we both just can't wait to be married to each other.

That said, I think your anxiety is totally normal. I get stressed in the hour before I throw a dinner party. Try to focus on your excitement to marry the person you love & who loves you back. I'm sure everything will go well. Congratulations and have a great time.
  • Options
    JenLD2015 said:

Sometimes, staring at my wedding shoes helps calm me down : )

Shoes!!

Ha - that just reminded me that I have to get my shoes!
  • Options
    I was drawing the tarot card table numbers two weeks before the wedding and freaking out. I told H I didn't have time to a "Lovers" Tarot for our table........My persnickity artist side says I should have just done it myself but really it wasn't a big deal. 

I drank a lot. It helped.

Have a margarita. 

Anniversary
  • Options
    Nope.  I'm pretty chill in general.

I got a little upset on the Tuesday before the Saturday wedding.  That was the day I realized the tropical storm was definitely going to hit. I cried a 5am after reading the lasted update from the National Hurricane Center.   I cried for about 10 minutes.  Got it out of my system and never worried about it again.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I'm the weekend after you. I find I'm stressed by interpersonal situations that would have been stressful anyway, not really the wedding planning itself. I'm excited about the wedding! We are getting our license tomorrow!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    I got stressed as we had a DW and most of us were driving the 9 hours to get to our destination. I was terrified I would forget something crucial. Then I reminded myself that the most important things were either already there, or could likely be purchased and chilled out.

I did get upset the day before the wedding when the weather changed from sunshine to heavy rain until one hour after our ceremony. The morning of, I woke up to a downpour and cancelled our hike around the lake so my hair wouldn't be a disaster before my appointment. We had crazy luck and it stopped pouring just before the set up for the ceremony and held for the afternoon. The evening and next two days were also heavy rain.

Wine helped.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I sometimes get anxious about new things and events, but I was pretty chill about the wedding. I was more stressed about buying our house (closed 2 weeks before the wedding) and moving (1 week after the wedding). 

The thing that stressed me out the most was trying to get our programs finished 48 hours before the wedding when my printer died. I was about to say "fuck it, I'll only have 30 programs, people can share". I ended up going to Staples, and they printed them for me. Should have done that to begin with.

• Options
    Thanks guys, I feel somewhat calmer today. Mostly reading how great Novella's wedding went, has made me think "eff it, it will be so much fun and my favorite person on earth will finally be my family!"
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I'm 3.5 weeks out and my big stress is whether or not my dress will still zip.  Other than that I've been pretty chill, we still have some things that need to be done but the major stuff is taken care of so I figure if it doesn't get done it doesn't get done and no one will probably notice
  • Options
    I didn't think I was having anxiety in general, but then I would freak out and cry over little individual things that didn't go right. The day before my wedding was chaos and I was having a meltdown, but the wedding day was great and I wasn't stressed at all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    DD gets married on May 30 and I think we are both anxious because I went on a crying jag Saturday and she did yesterday. We have so many small things left to do!
  • Options
    I'm also just under 4 weeks away and just now starting to feel really stressed for the first time. I've probably been unusually calm up to this point though. But now it's all the little things adding up that just seem daunting!

I see this is the post aimed at late May weddings! @onefootinthebayou, JCbride and kvruns you all must be my wedding twins (May 30?)
  • Options

I sometimes get anxious about new things and events, but I was pretty chill about the wedding. I was more stressed about buying our house (closed 2 weeks before the wedding) and moving (1 week after the wedding). 

The thing that stressed me out the most was trying to get our programs finished 48 hours before the wedding when my printer died. I was about to say "fuck it, I'll only have 30 programs, people can share". I ended up going to Staples, and they printed them for me. Should have done that to begin with.
    OMG when I first read this I thought you were referring to an actual person you had hired to print your programs.  Yikes.  I assume you meant your actual piece of office equipment, which although stressful, is considerably less tragic!  
  • Options
    3 weeks away as well! Feeling pretty good, but that "big event" anxiety is definitely in my stomach! Mostly excited though.
  • Options

I'm also just under 4 weeks away and just now starting to feel really stressed for the first time. I've probably been unusually calm up to this point though. But now it's all the little things adding up that just seem daunting!

I see this is the post aimed at late May weddings! @onefootinthebayou, JCbride and kvruns you all must be my wedding twins (May 30?)

Yes indeed!  I still have quite a few details to go but strangely am not stressed.  Maybe it's a defense mechanism?  I have no idea.  I think having a holiday weekend and 4 days off before the wedding is helping me since I'll be by myself in New Orleans until people start arriving on Tuesday.  Time to assemble the welcome bags, sort & wrap attendants gifts, etc.  In fact, we are even hosting a crawfish boil that Thursday night before the wedding for out of town guests.  

I've been "lucky" with a number of things that would otherwise cause anxiety.  I put lucky in quotes b/c I think making thoughtful & decisive choices early on helped me get lucky by design.  For example, I was really happy with the dress I chose and that it was made in the USA in SF.  Had my first fitting the week before last and both dress shop owner and seamstress gasped as they zipped the dress up and it fit like a glove.  No alterations needed w/exception of a hem.  Apparently, that is fairly unusual.  Either way, I'm not superstitious but I think it's a sign that everything will go well.  There may be snags but like I said before, I have the groom, license, and officiant!

@JCbride, hope you're doing well also!! 
  • Options

Yes indeed!  I still have quite a few details to go but strangely am not stressed.  Maybe it's a defense mechanism?  I have no idea.  I think having a holiday weekend and 4 days off before the wedding is helping me since I'll be by myself in New Orleans until people start arriving on Tuesday.  Time to assemble the welcome bags, sort & wrap attendants gifts, etc.  In fact, we are even hosting a crawfish boil that Thursday night before the wedding for out of town guests.  

I've been "lucky" with a number of things that would otherwise cause anxiety.  I put lucky in quotes b/c I think making thoughtful & decisive choices early on helped me get lucky by design.  For example, I was really happy with the dress I chose and that it was made in the USA in SF.  Had my first fitting the week before last and both dress shop owner and seamstress gasped as they zipped the dress up and it fit like a glove.  No alterations needed w/exception of a hem.  Apparently, that is fairly unusual.  Either way, I'm not superstitious but I think it's a sign that everything will go well.  There may be snags but like I said before, I have the groom, license, and officiant!

@JCbride, hope you're doing well also!! 
    Yep, May 30 here!  @onefootinthebayou I just totally forgot that the weekend prior is a holiday weekend until you mentioned it.  My bach party is that Saturday and "days off" often just mean "work from home" in my firm, but having that Monday be quieter is going to be such a big help.

We just got applied for our marriage license this morning!  Once we pick it up on Friday or next week, we really will be able to say "We have everything we need and everything else is just extra."

For serial though, it's all coming together.  I'm having a little bit of bottom line stress because I keep being afraid that last minute costs are going to add up.  But I think we can cover everything.  Other than that, just small decisions to be made like music and exact order of ceremony, and we are pretty much set.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    I think you ladies are more organized that I am.

Our venue/catering/bar/vendors are all pretty much squared away, which is good. We're getting our marriage license this week, but we still have to basically plan the entire ceremony, and I think that's the most daunting task right now, even though our officiant is doing most of it. I guess I just need to write vows and finalize a reading.

Also, in terms of my bridal "look" - I'm still a mess. I still need to figure out hair (I do have a trial scheduled this weekend... hopefully it goes ok), make-up, accessories, undergarments, waxing, mani/pedi, shoes, and I have at least one (probably 2) more dress fittings. My dress was enormous on me. I also want a new pair of glasses frames.

I blame a big part of my stress on a dental emergency... I just had a root canal this morning (less than 4 weeks before my wedding - gah!!!). But somehow massive tooth pain made shopping for bras and earrings, even for such a fun occasion, very unappealing :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards