Outdoor Weddings
Options

Tent Wedding Set-Up Question

Hi! We are having our wedding on my parent's land under a 40 x 60 tent. My question would be, are we able to set up the night before? or would the linens, plates, centerpieces etc. etc. get wet because of morning dew?

Could we potentially cover them with tarps to keep the moisture off? Has any one had to do this? I have help, but I do not have an event planner doing this so I'm not sure what to do because it would be A LOT to do it the morning of. 

Thank you in advance for your help!

Sarah

Re: Tent Wedding Set-Up Question

• Options
    For our wedding the tent itself was setup on the Thursday before the Saturday wedding.     The items inside the tent were not setup until the day of. I also had a strong tropical storm hit, so setting the tables up a head of time would have been silly. 

You can always set tables and chairs where you want them, but not put the lines, CP's, etc until the next day.  But like you said you might have to wipe down possible due.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I would set up the tent and tables/chairs early. If you're doing string lights or similar, you can probably get away with doing that early as well. That's the bulk of the work anyway.

On the morning of, do linens, centerpieces, and chargers. The reason I wouldn't do these early is because of moisture and also bugs. 
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards