May 2015 Weddings

Rehearsal Dinner

edited May 2015 in May 2015 Weddings
I am having rehearsal so people will know what to do especially for those who have never been in a wedding before. You see my fiance is Guatemalan and Catholic whereas I am neither. I am baptist and black. I have no problem with interracial dating.  We are incorporating both cultures into our wedding. His parents and half of siblings were not born here. My fiance is the only one to date and marry outside of race. Their family have different ways of celebrating wedding. We figured let have rehearsal so people can get to know each other better and have a good insight on what to expect at the wedding. The wedding is going to be unique and different. 

Anyway, I was uncertain about having a rehearsal dinner because I do not know if I can afford it or want one. Is it required to have one? People have asked me approximately 3-4 months before the date (May 16) if I am going to have one. I have told them that we will try but I can't make any promises. 

I have 2 brothers and my fiancee have 7 siblings with few nieces and nephews. We have 11 members of the bridal party with 3 flower girls. We have 1 ring bearer. If we throw a party we have to make sure that we have enough foods for at least 30 if we include the guests of the bridal party.

Few people told me that it is expected and is the right thing to do. They didn't offer to foot the bill or anything. If my fiance and I can afford it then we will but right now we are on a tight budget. I don't know if we can even afford to have a pizza party at CiCi. I just do not want to give any of them false hope which I told them why we will wait and see. Now, I am reaching to the point where I just want to say no dinner period just go out and feed yourself. I want an outside opinion on whether if I should have one or not? If I should, do anyone have a good idea of having a cheap budget dinner? If I have to get a small loan from the bank then so be it. (I am blessed that my fiance and I were able to pay off our wedding although I have 15 days until the wedding.) I really don't want to places like Applebees or a steak house. Will it be tacky to have something from subway or cici's pizza. Any advice or suggestions will be helpful.

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• I am having rehearsal so people will know what to do especially for those who have never been in a wedding before. You see my fiance is Guatemalan and Catholic whereas I am neither. I am baptist and black. I have no problem with interracial dating.  We are incorporating both cultures into our wedding. His parents and half of siblings were not born here. My fiance is the only one to date and marry outside of race. Their family have different ways of celebrating wedding. We figured let have rehearsal so people can get to know each other better and have a good insight on what to expect at the wedding. The wedding is going to be unique and different. 

Anyway, I was uncertain about having a rehearsal dinner because I do not know if I can afford it or want one. Is it required to have one? People have asked me approximately 3-4 months before the date (May 16) if I am going to have one. I have told them that we will try but I can't make any promises. 

I have 2 brothers and my fiancee have 7 siblings with few nieces and nephews. We have 11 members of the bridal party with 3 flower girls. We have 1 ring bearer. If we throw a party we have to make sure that we have enough foods for at least 30 if we include the guests of the bridal party.

Few people told me that it is expected and is the right thing to do. They didn't offer to foot the bill or anything. If my fiance and I can afford it then we will but right now we are on a tight budget. I don't know if we can even afford to have a pizza party at CiCi. I just do not want to give any of them false hope which I told them why we will wait and see. Now, I am reaching to the point where I just want to say no dinner period just go out and feed yourself. I want an outside opinion on whether if I should have one or not? If I should, do anyone have a good idea of having a cheap budget dinner? If I have to get a small loan from the bank then so be it. (I am blessed that my fiance and I were able to pay off our wedding although I have 15 days until the wedding.) I really don't want to places like Applebees or a steak house. Will it be tacky to have something from subway or cici's pizza. Any advice or suggestions will be helpful.
    If you are requiring these people to show up for the rehearsal, then yes, you absolutely MUST feed them food appropriate for the time of day.  That can totally be Cici's or Subway, it's completely fine.  No need to get a private room at a restaurant, serve alcohol, etc.  I would kind of love Cici's for a rehearsal dinner actually.  And it's kid friendly.

I'm a little confused about the excessive back story and how race has anything to do with this at all.  You're having a rehearsal?  People need to show up?  Yes, you must feed them.  Doesn't matter if they've been in 100 weddings or none, or if they are purple.  Feed them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards