Chit Chat
Options

Bread day!

I'm making bread all day today. Yay! My mom's Mother's Day dinner will be hamburgers and hot dogs, with homemade buns, and I made two loaves of "Amish White Bread" (I think is the recipe) yesterday, and I'm gonna make a double batch today so my brother and sister can have a loaf to take back with them and still leave us some.

How is everyone else's Sunday going?
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Bread day!

• Options
    falsarafalsara member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I love hat recipe for white bread.  I usually use Julia Child's recipe though, it just works better for where we live.  

My Sunday has been off to a good start, with the exception that FI just cleaned out the shower drain (it was clogged), and then he decided to show me all the stuff that was stuck down there.  ICK. 

I'm also a little bummed that the weather made me cancel my morning run.  

Me and FI have a crap ton of laundry to fold, so we're doing a Potter marathon while folding.    

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Happy First Mother's Day to me!

H got me a cute summery robe, made me coffee and french toast with Nutella. Mmmm. I plan on being lazy the rest of the day and going for a walk with baby later. H just asked if he should do anything special for dinner. I am contemplating.

My mom lives 2,000 miles away, so I will give her a call and I sent her a necklace with Baby Will's picture on it. 
  • Options
    Oh man, I love baking bread.  Unfortunately my ass does not like me eating bread haha!  

We got snow here last night :-P, and it's still quite cold out, so I'm just being lazy around the house. I just made us breakfast.... home fries made with a leftover baked potato, bacon, and 2 runny eggs on top for FI (no eggs for me, ick).  

My sweet brother texted me to tell me happy mother's day, since I'm a dog mommy.  I'll be giving my mom a call later on after I know she's home from church.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    Blergbot said:

H got me a cute summery robe, made me coffee and french toast with Nutella. Mmmm. I plan on being lazy the rest of the day and going for a walk with baby later. H just asked if he should do anything special for dinner. I am contemplating.

My mom lives 2,000 miles away, so I will give her a call and I sent her a necklace with Baby Will's picture on it. 
    Okay, some advice from a well seasoned mom (going on 35 years here) to a treasured newb:  Hell yes, he should be doing something for dinner.  THIS is the year you train him!  Yes, you just loved the morning and it was glorious but he needs to tackle dinner too.  10 years from now you will thank me for this advice.
  • Options
    kmmssg said:

Blergbot said:

Okay, some advice from a well seasoned mom (going on 35 years here) to a treasured newb:  Hell yes, he should be doing something for dinner.  THIS is the year you train him!  Yes, you just loved the morning and it was glorious but he needs to tackle dinner too.  10 years from now you will thank me for this advice.
    Yep. Have him make something amazing and delicious and special and your favorite. Train him up now while it's easy haha!

My mom's favorite food in the world, rather sadly given FI's profession, is charred-black hot dogs. Which is 1/2 of what we're having today.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    kmmssg said:

Blergbot said:

Haha. Love times a million!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards