Nevada-Las Vegas

Big Checks!! 73 days left to go!

I have recently been in full on planning mode. It may be because our anniversary( and one year from when we got engaged) was this week. Crazy to think we will have a June anniversary from now on!

HMU- CHECK! I went ahead and booked HMU with Stevee Danielle so I'm super excited about that. I've never had my makeup done before and I'm a little nervous since I have such sensitive skin but the customer service and the before and after pictures on the website sold me.

FLIGHTS- CHECK! FI booked our flights today so it's official. I'm always so budget conscious so I've been holding out, always thinking that some deal was alluding me but we couldn't hold out any longer.

DRESS FITTING- kinda check. Met with the seamstress and she will have it ready for me to try on Mid May. I'm excited to see what she can do. 

Friends have to RSVP to the Thursday Bachelorette before the Saturday wedding and then we can decide on a package.

Any other summer Brides in planning mode?

Re: Big Checks!! 73 days left to go!

• Dude, I hear you about the flights.  :/   It was not something I was expecting to drop a lot of money on, but it looks like it's gonna have to happen that way.

• I am right there with you! 

HMU - Done! I'm using Harmony. :)

Flights - Done and done! We have our flights booked from Seoul to Oklahoma to visit our family for a week and then the flights from Oklahoma to Vegas as well! 

Dresses - Rented!

Invitations...Not mailed yet, haha. That's out next step. :D I'm over 100 days out, so I still have a month or so to finalize addresses and stuff. ;)

We can do it!!!!

• Where are you flying from, @damthetorpedos? If you're UK or overseas like americankorean, you're probably doing yourself a huge favor by booking now. :) Domestic & Canada, definitely the 6 week mark seems to be the lucky break.
  • @xoeden Flying from the northeastern US. Trying to be patient!
  • @xoeden Flying from the northeastern US. Trying to be patient!

Be patient and book 6 weeks out! We booked at the end of March for May 10th and saved probably $100-200 total flights. Flying with Allegiant (ugh) but at least it's only a two hour flight.
  • We are so close!!! 72 days!

HMU: Your Beauty Call for myself, my sister (MOH), and my mom

Flights: DONE! I feel like we have been planning for so long that we were able to strategically plan with our airline points. Two tickets to Vegas cost us $10 on Southwest!

Dress Fitting: Just had my first one a week ago with not a lot of changes. My final fitting will be on May 9th unless I need to make any more changes!!!

Invitations: Just waiting on those RSVPs!!!! We have received half already so we have a good idea of how many are showing up. 

I am so excited we are almost there!!

• @xoeden, we are flying Allegiant from Oklahoma to Las Vegas, too, as is my immediate family. I know it's an AWFUL airline, but for those prices...what are you gonna do? Haha...

@trm358, $10 for two tickets?!? That's amazing!! Congrats on that deal!
  • I have recently been in full on planning mode. It may be because our anniversary( and one year from when we got engaged) was this week. Crazy to think we will have a June anniversary from now on!

HMU- CHECK! I went ahead and booked HMU with Stevee Danielle so I'm super excited about that. I've never had my makeup done before and I'm a little nervous since I have such sensitive skin but the customer service and the before and after pictures on the website sold me.

FLIGHTS- CHECK! FI booked our flights today so it's official. I'm always so budget conscious so I've been holding out, always thinking that some deal was alluding me but we couldn't hold out any longer.

DRESS FITTING- kinda check. Met with the seamstress and she will have it ready for me to try on Mid May. I'm excited to see what she can do. 

Friends have to RSVP to the Thursday Bachelorette before the Saturday wedding and then we can decide on a package.

Any other summer Brides in planning mode?
    I just used Stevee Danielle for my wedding on 3/28 - they were awesome. Everyone loved their hair and the makeup was flawless!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ahhhh I have 106 days to go. Starting to freak over the small list of to-do's!!

HMU: trying to decide on one. I'm paying for me and my sister (MOH). some of my bridesmaids dont want to pay for a pro (totally fine) but then some of my girlfriends just attending the wedding have expressed interest in splurging to have theirs done for the day so this has created a little more planning on my part. Gotta get on this.

Flights:
    DONE! My FI's parents graciously bought our tickets. What a relief :)

Dress Fitting: My dress just came in, picking it up next week. Wedding is 8/1, the girl at the shop said they normally do alterations starting at 8 weeks out so I have some time. I wont need much, I almost perfectly fit the stock size

Invitations: FI and I narrowed it down to a style we each like, completely opposite styles of course. this may come down to rock, paper scissors to decide. That's high on my priority list to get done.

Other BIG things - deciding on a reception place. We are just having a sit down dinner as many Vegas brides do, so I haven't even started looking at places. I've allocated the same amount of funds whether all 50 people show up or only 30, so the amount of attendees will dictate whether we have tapas or a steak dinner lol!

logistics/transportation. Do I just rent 2 limos? Do I do a strip tour? Do I say F-it, you guys are on your own with taxis? Eek I dont know yet. SO MUCH TO DO!!!

• Done: ceremony venue, reception suite, hotel block, HMUA, photography, invitations (first RSVP received yesterday! OK it was from FH's parents but still). 

To do: flights, catering, transportation from ceremony to reception, rings, legal, and everything I'm wearing besides the dress itself.
  • @xoeden, we are flying Allegiant from Oklahoma to Las Vegas, too, as is my immediate family. I know it's an AWFUL airline, but for those prices...what are you gonna do? Haha...

Awful does not even begin to cut it. :( I was doing my very best to NOT fly with Allegiant because it's my fiancee's first trip to Vegas, but they were $100 cheaper each than any other airline when I went to book. We've had some rough flights before, but when a deal comes down the line, you just suck it up and take it... Actual wedding, I'm going to do all in my power to fly with Virgin. I will even take an unnecessary layover because I love that airline so much.

In unrelated, related news, I love seeing all of these to-do lists! Makes you remember all of the things you might not have planned or forgot or should consider or have already done. :)
  • 83 days out!

HMUA- Glam squad
    Ceremony and Reception- Mandalay Bay
    Meet and Greet- Florida Cafe
    Catering-Masterpiece
    Photography-black chicken
    Dj- high desert entertainment
    Tuxes- mens warehouse
    Dress-just needs to be fitted. Got veil and shoes
    Bridesmaids and jr bridesmaids- David's bridal
    Invitations-sent months ago
    Flights-booked with us airways
    Bachelor/bachelorette's- hustler mansion
    Cake-retro bakery

At this point all I need to do is order my reception dress, headpiece, get first dress fitted and figure out how I'm going to steam it. And pay off remaining balances.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @silverblade005 I was the same way about transportation. My guests will go from the Linq to Planet hollywood so I said f-it. Taxi or walk. But i phrased it like, take a stroll along the strip while we set up for the party...

I love seeing everyone's to do lists too! 

Anyone doing a bachelorette party package? We are thinking of just going with the Thunder from Down Under packages but I also saw a company, Trenz that offers a package with the show. Just curious!
  • Check out the Scavenger hunt on Fremont Street by The D. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited April 2015
    @silverblade005, I love following your wedding updates since we share the same wedding day! :) My fiance and I will be using Wicked Spoon's private room for our reception (6-9 pm), and I'll be using Harmony for my HMU (2:30-4 pm). That might help you narrow it down a bit. ;) Are you sure your guests will even need transportation? If you keep everything central Strip and request that your guests stay nearby, everyone should be able to either walk or take a super short taxi to the venue. Where will you be having your ceremony? Only 102 days to go!!!

• trm358trm358 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited April 2015
    I would just keep in mind that walking the Strip is incredibly deceptive and hotels are not as close as they seem, especially in the heat!! Additionally, it's usually quite a walk through a hotel to get to restaurants, venues, or hotel rooms. If you aren't organizing transportation, I would recommend giving guests plenty of time from one venue to another and warning them ahead of time so they can pick walking friendly shoes!
  • I went with Stevee Danielle as well!! I am so excited, I love the work they do based on their pictures. I'm getting a trial done 2 days before my wedding for my bachlorette party! I plan on leaving my reviews on here after my wedding, so keep an eye out for my post on them! :)
  • Bought the flights today, woo! Got an alert that the prices dropped on one of the airlines, snapped 'em up quick!
  • @americankorean I'm really leaning toward Wicked Spoon right before you! (3:30-5:30). However their private room F&B minimum was a little higher than I was anticipating =\ literally double the amount that it would cost to just pay for everyone to sit in the main dining area.
  • I swear I could have driven myself mad with trying to plan for airfare. I kept hearing 6 weeks out, but I have not found that to be the case when I just planed a trip to LA this upcoming Memorial Day. So I stalked Orbitz for a while and in Feb and came across Tues (am)- Sat (evening) package for $486 for nonstop flight with SunCounty and upgrade high roller view suites at the Flamingo and said screw it! I bought our tickets (we leave Sunday and have an upgrade suite) and bought tickets for the bridal party and friends that day.

Worked out flawlessly:) Everyone has paid me back. I was able to arrange seats next to one another on Sun Country and I amjsut happy to have that OFF my checklist.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards