Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Things to do in Savannah

My fiance and I are getting married in Virginia in June and are thinking of driving down to Savannah for a couple of days before we drive back home to Indiana. Does anyone have suggestions for things to do/see near Savannah? I would appreciate recommendations on places to stay as well! Thanks!

Re: Things to do in Savannah

• Options
    Awww Savannah is so romantic! Definitely take a day or two to just walk around historic Savannah and do shopping/eating/looking at the Spanish moss and live oaks. :) They have really cute parks throughout the city.

The founder of the Girl Scouts has a house in town if you're into that, and Flannery O'Connor's home is open for touring as well. There's also Tybee Island within driving distance if you would like some beach time.

Oh and if you are driving down the coast you might consider a stop in Charleston, SC! Lots of good eating and sight seeing there.

• Options
    Have you booked a place to stay at yet?  Look into The River Street Inn.  It's an old renovated cotton warehouse directly on the water.  It's super historic, and River Street (shops, restaurants, music) is right downstairs!  They also have a free (generous!) wine/appetizer happy hour every night downstairs, SO fun!  
    If you're looking for a romantic restaurant, try The Old Pink House, (and get the fried green tomatoes)  It's a mansion from 1771 turned restaurant.  It's beautiful, and the food is beyond fabulous...quite possibly the best meal I've ever had!
  • Options
    We ate at Paula Deen's restuarant The Lady and Sons, and we loved the food.  We are obsessed with BBQ and we actually just went to the buffet- and literally everything was delicious and as you can imagine, cooked in tons of butter.  We did an architectural cruise, which we also enjoyed.  They don't have an open containor law, so we bought drinks at Wet Willy's and walked around the riverfront area.  We only spent a day there but it was very enjoyable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards