New Jersey
Options

Vendor Reviews (Wedding at the Shadowbrook - Shrewsbury, NJ)

Just thought this would be helpful to anyone going through the process of planning a wedding...I got married last Saturday and wanted to post my feedback on the vendors I used. 

Dress - Amsale (they were awesome to work with and made modifications that I wanted) they also made me a veil which came out amazing!

Hair - Milagro Spa in Red Bank - I used Lexi but the other girls that helped with the rest of the bridesmaids hair did an awesome job as well. I am now going to be a regular at Milagro. Can't say enough good things about them. 

Makeup - Christine Hansen (choicemakeupdesign@gmail.com) - Christine was great - she was patient and listened to what I wanted. She was so sweet and flexible and I was so at ease knowing she was making me up :)

Shadowbrook - I really love Shadowbrook. New owners were great to work with. Overall I got a lot of complements on the food, the place and the ambiance.  The only thing that really got me (and they are minor...was 1) use of bridal suite was only until cocktail hour and I honestly didn't freshen up or use the facilities because I didn't have a place where I had enough room with my dress. It added stress to my night a bit. My stuff to freshen up was put in a coat room and it was impossible to figure out where things were so I just didn't bother with it. 2) I had so many people asking me where the cards should go. We created a lantern where the cards could be dropped and it said "CARDS" on it. Meanwhile that sign was turned around and I had to fix it in the middle of the reception. 

Tribeca Rhythm (Jerry Kravat Band) - So many people raved about the band and loved them. By the end of the night, they got the crowd into it. I really wanted that to happen a little earlier in the day but overall, I was very pleased. 

Jason Rhee (photographer) - Loved him!!! He was great to work with. Only advice I have to someone getting married is print out a list of people you want pictures with and keep it with you. I forgot some very important pictures and feel terrible. I had a list but didn't print it and the day went by so quickly, I forgot. 

Your Cinematic Wedding (Michael Hammond) - Loved him! He was another person that just made me feel really comfortable and he had worked with Jason before so they were a great team!

Bloom Floral from Freehold NJ - the flowers came out beautiful. I loved the centerpieces and my bouquet! I would totally recommend them to anyone!

Palermo's Bakery - So many people have used them and highly recommend them. I would not! I decided to do cupcakes and we had a cake topper. The cake itself was great. I thought the cupcakes were terrible. They told me to get cupcake holders (which I did). Since the venue wouldn't put the cupcakes in the holders, they told me they would! Well the cupcakes did NOT come in the holders and me and my friends spent so many hours tying ribbons and putting these holders together. The picture of the cupcake tower came out awful and it's not a huge deal. However, I ended up emailing Palermo's during my reception and asking where the holders were. They respond by asking me what my wedding day and name was. If you can find someone else, I would! Or be sure that Palermo's pays attention to your details. 

Hope this helps an upcoming bride-to-be. 

Re: Vendor Reviews (Wedding at the Shadowbrook - Shrewsbury, NJ)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards