Wedding Woes
Options

Wednesday!

Hoping for smooth sailing today.  Monday we had that water main break/daycare shutdown, yesterday they closed the interstate because a gravel truck tipped over and caught fire.  I got off one exit before and slogged my way through the back roads, got the kids, and got to swim practice just in time for a thunderstorm to roll in and cancel practice.  DS was furious--he was ready to swim and couldn't understand why we were going home instead.  DD tried to reason with him, but he wasn't having it.

So I'm hoping for an uneventful Wednesday.

Re: Wednesday!

• Options
    Morning.  

I had to enter the 8th circle of hell last night, called Rue 21 and shopping with a 14 year old boy.  Every last bad clothing decision lives in that store.  The kiddo has a dance Friday and needed to get a shirt to match his date's (his ex-gf? On/off gf? Can't keep up) dress (a black dress).  I actually found one decent shirt.  Of course, he couldn't make a decision without texting her the entire time.  We ended up going to next door to Kohl's and found almost the exact same shirt that we ended up buying.  I seriously almost left him in the store. 

BFF/SIL caught something nasty and can't keep anything down.  She's 7-ish weeks pregnant and ended up in the ER last night.  I'm waiting to hear from her.  Her nausea kicked in this week and now this.  Plus she and BIL are moving in a week and half or so.  It's a total shit sandwich. 
    :(

My stupid neck is still stiff.  It's improved, but I'm still having pain looking left. 

DH didn't see the leftover bacon from last night's dinner in the fridge.  YAY for me and my breakfast.  :) 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment

Yay bacon.  I hope your SIL is feeling better soon.

Summer break has started.  I'm trying to shove all the doctor appointments into the start of it so we don't have to miss sunny days later.  6let has 4 appointments in the next 2 weeks, Max has at least two (maybe more depending on healing), and M2 has 2.

I got a new canning class and since they gave me a gift certificate it's free.  DH got refunded for the TERRIBLE flowers he got me for our anniversary (they died in two days).  I got to fill out a survey about my bad experience with an oil change.  Now if I just hear about swim lessons today I'll be a happy girl.

We're going to Fresh Thyme today to get meat to smoke on Sunday.  I'm also getting all the fruits on sale- 88cent raspberries.  I want to grill out tomorrow and feel the urge to try sweet potatoes. 

• Options
    Today I'm going to get my hair done after I take Son to school and drop off my payroll.

DH is doing better.  He did really well yesterday until DD2 forgot he was hurt and punched him in the stomach with both fists last night.  That smarted a bit.
  • Options
    0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I'm sitting at a coffee shop on my phone because the area where I sit is full of smoke? Not sure but I am ding what I can from here. Blah.
  • Options
    I can't wait for this week to be over.  Waiting on one last okay and it looks like I'll be taking a real live full week of vacation the 2nd week of June.  DH is still working, so it's not like I'll be doing anything and that is just fine.  Vegging on the couch with Netflix and books sounds lovely.  Maybe I can go veg by a pool during the day too.  I just need to be out of work for awhile.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards